PDA

View Full Version : Documentary about Dr. Google, Thursday evening at 7pm

Catherine S
18-01-18, 01:45
Strangely, given that my previous thread was asking people to stop googling symptoms, there is a programme on tonight..thursday 18th at 7pm on ITV (uk tv only sorry) about the pros and cons of looking up symptoms online. It will show it from both sides not just my side so i'll be watching with an open mind :)

swgrl09
18-01-18, 01:56
That's interesting, wish it was available in the US!

Catherine S
18-01-18, 02:00
It may be available on youtube a day or so after it goes out? If I can watch ellen on youtube, i'm sure you'll be able to get this. Keep a lookout.

nomorepanic
18-01-18, 18:52
TV programme on ITV1 this evening at 7.30pm.

Maybe something interesting for you to watch.

venusbluejeans
18-01-18, 18:55
Now on to recored, will be interesting to watch it.

Bigboyuk
18-01-18, 19:01
I was going to post the same thing, think it will be very interesting to watch and it's must for all HA'ers who are struggling with this condition, be interested to hear some views on this after people have watched it! ATB

Catherine S
18-01-18, 19:19
I did actually post a thread about this prog last night and had some response so think quite a few of us will be tuning in :yesyes:

Cath

BrokenGirl
18-01-18, 19:22
Thanks for letting us know Nicola - will definitely be watching it!!
I'll also be very interested in people's views after watching it.
I wonder will we learn anything from it :shrug:

nomorepanic
18-01-18, 19:27
Oh sorry Cathy - I didn't see it - I will merge our posts lol

fma11122345
18-01-18, 19:27
Only in the UK tho right? :(

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

nomorepanic
18-01-18, 19:28
Cathy - you put 7 but I thought it was 7.30

Bigboyuk
18-01-18, 19:29
Thanks for letting us know Nicola - will definitely be watching it!!
I'll also be very interested in people's views after watching it.
I wonder will we learn anything from it :shrug: well that's down to the individual I guess some will, some won't Enjoy the programme ATB

Darwin73
18-01-18, 19:31
Thanks for highlighting this. Am off to watch it now:)

venusbluejeans
18-01-18, 19:39
Someone in the chat room is watching via live stream...

Catherine S
18-01-18, 19:45
Yep, sorry it started at 7.30 and very interesting it is so far :)

poppy77
18-01-18, 20:01
What did you think of it?

Potter86
18-01-18, 20:10
Was a good watch and deffo sums me up

Bigboyuk
18-01-18, 20:36
its on again on ITV+1 Ch 33 Freeview and for those in other countries use a Free VPN to get you to the ITV Hub catch up Iam watching it again as some one called me on my phone ATB

NancyW
18-01-18, 21:16
Heyyyyyyy.... I want to see this too!

Catherine S
18-01-18, 21:55
It was really interesting, but wasn't long enough time devoted to this issue, they should make more of this...like a 2 hr documentary or a series or something lol! Then again, as we here all know, not enough is ever done to address this side of mental health problems. But I guess the programme addressed it as much as they could in half an hour.

Cath x

Bigboyuk
18-01-18, 22:12
Heyyyyyyy.... I want to see this too! You can if you set up a VPN :)

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

It was really interesting, but wasn't long enough time devoted to this issue, they should make more of this...like a 2 hr documentary or a series or something lol! Then again, as we here all know, not enough is ever done to address this side of mental health problems. But I guess the programme addressed it as much as they could in half an hour.

Cath x Yes it was certainly should have been at least 1 hr :) What I didn't like by 2020 they reckon every one will be counsulting dr's on line I certainly hope not :eek: ATB

ShaunRyder
18-01-18, 23:05
Did anybody watch it? Just seen it is on catch up TV, going to give it a watch tomorrow.

Mindprison
18-01-18, 23:29
It was good, if a little short. It summed up the important points that I myself feel as a Health Anxiety sufferer. Amazing that 95% of people in that survey admitted to using google to look at their symptoms. I'm a little relieved if i'm honest because I feel like trying to explain how it feels is like banging your head against a wall, I didn't realise that so many people did it without a second thought. 1 in 14 people I believe was the number they gave...that's a lot when you think about it.

I also agree with the doctor narrating that it would be wise to be cautious about all these new technologies they're trying to bring in to "help" the NHS. Such as booking appointments online, talking to doctors via webcam instead of being in the room with the GP. I can only see such things causing the NHS more problems and money due to misdiagnosis from not being able to see the patient physically. And as the Doctor from the academy said, what's the point in bringing these amazing technologies in when the basic technology barely works, would it not be more beneficial to get the basics up to scratch first?

I don't see how it's possible for a GP to diagnose a patient properly without being able to see how the patient presents in front of them, how the area of symptoms feels to the touch, temperature, heart rate and so on. It seems like a foolish idea and yet it's not so different to looking up symptoms online.

An interesting but very short documentary as I feel some things about the condition were left unexplored.

swajj
19-01-18, 02:28
I can’t see where anyone here has given the title of the program. What is it called please.,

NancyW
19-01-18, 02:40
You can if you set up a VPN :)

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Yes it was certainly should have been at least 1 hr :) What I didn't like by 2020 they reckon every one will be counsulting dr's on line I certainly hope not :eek: ATB

What's a VPN?