PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Stool and scared...

Gmusic
18-01-18, 03:23
Hi, Kinda an embarrassing question. Basically I have really bad health anxiety and I convince myself that everything is cancer. I am an 18 year old girl and I have lupus. But for the past month I have had blood in my stool three times. I am so scared. I haven't googled anything because I know it will come up with some sort of cancer which I will convince myself I have. I've talked to my sister and even my boyfriend who both said that it's normal and happened to them before and could even just be caused by the cold dry weather right now. I am still scared and could use some reassurance.
Thanks so much!

WiseMonkey
18-01-18, 03:51
Hi,

You should see your Dr or rhumatologist in case this is another manifestation of your autoimmune condition (Lupus). It can also be a part of IBS especially with autoimmune conditions.

I had this in my early 30's and it was brought on by the walls of the bowel contracting rapidly, and drawing blood and mucus through them into the motion. The reason they contracted so rapidly is that I have CFS (autoimmune) which can cause over-activity and inflammation in that region.

Because I was early 30's (and very anxious) they sent me for a colonoscopy but it just showed a bit of inflammation, nothing cancerous.

Crohns is another autoimmune condition that can cause bleeding from the bowel.

At 18 it will be something along these lines, it won't be cancer. I know it's really scary and having Lupus can increase anxiety.

Let's know how you get on, take care :)