PDA

View Full Version : tightness below left breast ribcage

maria26
18-01-18, 09:55
I suffer severe health anxiety. I am getting a tight pulling sensation below left breast over cartilidge area of ribcage. Have had ecg etc all fine. Have had pains over ribcage for over a year. Numerous tests xrays scans all clear. I poke and lrod till I am bruised. The ribs dont really hurt but the tissue over them is tender. Now this tight feeling. I worry it is cancer in my ribs. Does anyone else get this I am very very stressed.

WiseMonkey
18-01-18, 10:11
Hi,

It could be costochondritis, which is an inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone. I've had this from time to time and it's not serious, I find anti-inflammatories help.

All your tests are clear, which is very reassuring :)

Speranza
18-01-18, 12:13
Poking and prodding will prolong the pain, I'm afraid! I know it's tempting.

I agree with the poster above. Also - a change of bra can help!

blueingreen
27-10-18, 00:15
I have had this the last 3 months, causing my previously intermittent HA to become a full-time thing. I have a super tender spot inside the cartilage of my left rib cage underneath the sternum, and I have painful spots (nerves?) wrapping all the way around my left ribs, near the bottom of the rib cage. If I wear a bra sometimes it irritates that main spot. If I stretch my back I feel that same tightness over the spot that you described, feels like a tendon or something. I've had Xray, EKG, CT, nothing showed up. My doctor said it was probably costochondritis, but I've been on a prescription anti-inflammatory for 3 weeks and so far it hasn't made too much of a difference. Did you ever get any relief? I had about 3 days where the pain was more limited than it had been, but then it all came back. I'm at least glad to know I'm not the only one.

Imaleopard
27-10-18, 01:07
Following.like obsessively lol.

Smurphette
27-10-18, 01:34
Exact same here! I've had chest pain/tightness since May. I think initially it was my health anxiety but then I poked and prodded to check if it was muscular and I've ended up doing some damage cause its really sore when I lower my shoulders if that makes sense? A&e say costochondritis. So I think it's a mix of that and anxiety. But you know, of course it's heart failure or heart attack in my eyes :(

Anxiousamyj
27-10-18, 01:59
There have been so many posts about left side rib pain. This is something that has plagued me for years off and on. I have had clear tests and all is well. I know it is where your colon bends and this symptom is strongly associated with anxiety. There really aren't any organs in that area that cause pain like that. It's gas and digestive discomfort almost always. Both my doc and psychiatrist told me this. If everything has been ruled out from tests, it's time to treat your anxiety.

maria26
14-03-19, 14:24
I have a tight feeling right below left breast on rib. Itches a bit. So scared it is rib cancer. Rib feels like it has bumps on it. Keep poking. Please help

BlueIris
14-03-19, 14:28
It's really not rib cancer, and poking it will make it worse. Could be intertrigo, which is horrible but easily dealt with.

Fishmanpa
14-03-19, 14:38
Could be intertrigo, which is horrible but easily dealt with.

Way to fan the flames! (as the OP goes off to Google intertrigo).

Frankly, I've never heard of "rib cancer" and I'm a survivor. I'd take that totally off the radar and attribute this to some minor skin irritation. You've had this for a while now (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?212963-tightness-below-left-breast-ribcage) anyway.

Positive thoughts

BlueIris
14-03-19, 14:40
It's an itchy fungal condition, FMP, I get it on a fairly regular basis as a larger lady and find it clears up if I'm careful to keep the area clean and disinfected. It's only horrible because it's revolting.

Fishmanpa
14-03-19, 14:50
It's an itchy fungal condition, FMP, I get it on a fairly regular basis as a larger lady and find it clears up if I'm careful to keep the area clean and disinfected. It's only horrible because it's revolting.

I Googled it... not a biggie. As for the OP and this? A look back at the thread history speaks volumes :whistles:

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
14-03-19, 15:08
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

maria26
14-03-19, 15:23
Sorry to be stupid but whatbis OP

BlueIris
14-03-19, 15:24
Original Poster - as in, you :)

maria26
14-03-19, 15:25
Thats ok merging the post but this time i have more pains and tightness as well as itching and obviously having h.a. I felt a found a bump on ribs. Too scared now to check other ribs. Are ribs bumpy

maria26
14-03-19, 15:30
Thank BlueIris. Mind you i am not a big chested lady lol. I hate this health anxiety ruining my life. Worrying about bump on rib. I think I have felt bumps on other ribs in past but being sensible for once and not looking.

maria26
14-03-19, 15:35
Can you get this without the rash

helenhoo
14-03-19, 17:08
Hi Maria, I'm having left rib issues too. Mine is like a pulling bubbly feeling. Doc think it's inflamed so prescribed ibuprofen and anti acid (omerzprole) I also have huge anxiety about this

Mark1974
14-03-19, 19:42
Hi Maria, I'm having left rib issues too. Mine is like a pulling bubbly feeling. Doc think it's inflamed so prescribed ibuprofen and anti acid (omerzprole) I also have huge anxiety about this

I’ve got pain under both ribs at the moment (well more like discomfort rather than actual pain, like a griping / stitch like sensation) - feels very tender under both and sometimes feels like my insides are pressing up against the inside of my ribs. Had this on and off for a couple of years, although it’s more on than off at the moment. I’ve had every test going and still no luck getting to the bottom of it (I feel perfectly well otherwise). I do have a hiatus hernia and they did say it is probably something to do with that am having another scan in a fortnight on the area (had an X-ray two weeks ago of the chest with no issues found)

ErinKC
14-03-19, 21:25
I agree with costochondritis. It sucks. I often get it when my anxiety is bad because of taking deeper breaths.