PDA

View Full Version : Tension headache

DaveCH
18-01-18, 11:27
My shoulders and neck muscles and pressure points at back of head are tight and sore even my scalp feels tight and pain above my eyes and top of nose. I know this is all muscle tension but i feel a little dizzy and spaced out and eyes sensitive. Is this all part of a tension headache ?

Colicab85
18-01-18, 11:28
definitely

ShaunRyder
18-01-18, 11:58
Certainly sounds like it!

Carys
18-01-18, 12:35
SOunds like it to me too....there are so many muscles you don't even know you have until you have stress and anxiety! Even the muscles around your eyes get the bam of anxiety, and can make you feel wobbly and ropey.

Mindprison
18-01-18, 12:46
I've been suffering from a bad bout of these for 2 weeks so I know how you feel. Not much you can do but ride it out, eventually they will pass. Paracetamol may help but for me it doesn't touch them.

DaveCH
18-01-18, 12:50
I've been suffering from a bad bout of these for 2 weeks so I know how you feel. Not much you can do but ride it out, eventually they will pass. Paracetamol may help but for me it doesn't touch them.

Yeah pain killers do nothing for it. I actually feel like im slightly drunk/hungover if that makes sense. My shoulders neck pressure points behind ears and above my eyes are quite sore and like a pressure. It isnt pleasant.

Colicab85
18-01-18, 12:58
I've had this on and off for coming up for 2 years. I get handaches every day and they vary in intensity. Today is a good day, yesterday was a bad one.

But my headache pain is always the forehead, above and behind the eyes, the temples and sometimes the scalp.

It causes me to be drowsy and dizzy when its at its worst.

Speranza
18-01-18, 13:00
Yes. The spaced out thing is something I have come to recognise as a very very low-level panic attack. If you focus on it, it often gets worse. Best thing if you can is to get out for a walk, or browse a bookshop, or sit in a cafe and watch other people...

New17
18-01-18, 13:19
Iv had this for 6 months.....every single day 24/7 but varies in intensity same as Colicab85
I also get sharp pains around my head but normally it’s the pressure, achey tight feeling in my forehead and painful pressure points (temples and neck mainly)
Iv had a CT scan and eyes test and nureo test from my gps and been diagnosed with chronic tension/migraine headaches. I’m still finding that pain for this long everyday isn’t anything sinister....

But just try and relax and forget about it, I didn’t and I’m still suffering 6 months later :(

deni1
19-01-18, 19:20
Had the same for over 20yrs... yes 20! looking back it seems impossible but it's true, my life was dictated by how I was when I woke in the morning, a bad day was spent pacing the bedroom cold cloth on head eyes closed, the pain was worse lying down so I would be exhausted pacing..and the bad days outweighed the good. A couple of yrs ago I was given Propanolol and it stopped the pain, sounds so simple and why wasn't I offered this a lot earlier??? I forgive I am pain free now [emoji16] I only take 1 x 10mg daily but the difference is unbelievable, I can plan events, hols, days out etc knowing I will be ok before I knew it would most likely be a bad day and rather than disappoint I didnt plan. I can only speak for myself but I hope I can give hope to those going through this now. There may be side effects (or is it something unrelated? at my age 65 who knows) but nothing to stop me taking Propanolol. I hope you all find answers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk