PDA

View Full Version : My appointment went terribly

Weebo
18-01-18, 21:24
My eye appointment went terribly. They didn’t find anything wrong with my glasses prescription. They just blame all my issues on my left eye being worse. It was poorly done. Now no one will ever take my eye concerns seriously. Maybe it is all in my head. Help me! I kind of want to die. The anxiety is killing me. I knew I should have gone to an optometrist instead.

Elen
18-01-18, 21:42
It would be easier for people to answer if you kept your posts to one thread allowing people to follow your story as a whole.

I can merge them together to make it easier.

Weebo
18-01-18, 21:46
It would be easier for people to answer if you kept your posts to one thread allowing people to follow your story as a whole.

I can merge them together to make it easier.

Ok. Sorry.

Elen
18-01-18, 21:48
No need to apologise, it was just a suggestion to help you to get more from the site

PotentialGenius
18-01-18, 22:59
Hey Weebo,

I'm new here to bear with me, but I just wanted to offer a word of support, given that your appointment went badly.

I know the feeling all too well. Sitting in a doctors office and being told that there's nothing wrong with you, or that there's nothing they can do.

It helps me to sometimes think that if the professional sees no need for concern, I can borrow their rationality and say 'ok, so there's no problem according to the professional". It helps me when I am being irrational.

I understand feeling as though you've been treated poorly, as I have experienced the same at a few opticians and my own GP surgery. You just feel as though your concerns have been belittled, and you come away feeling mistrustful and not wanting to go back.

Can I suggest looking at other options regarding your eyes, maybe see another eye doctor, or request to see an optometrist? I don't know how the system works where you are so feel free to dismiss this!

Just remember, anxiety is temporary, but the potential for a happy life is a constant. We can all do this, we just need a helping hand sometimes.

Sending best wishes,

PG

Weebo
19-01-18, 00:10
Hey Weebo,

I'm new here to bear with me, but I just wanted to offer a word of support, given that your appointment went badly.

I know the feeling all too well. Sitting in a doctors office and being told that there's nothing wrong with you, or that there's nothing they can do.

It helps me to sometimes think that if the professional sees no need for concern, I can borrow their rationality and say 'ok, so there's no problem according to the professional". It helps me when I am being irrational.

I understand feeling as though you've been treated poorly, as I have experienced the same at a few opticians and my own GP surgery. You just feel as though your concerns have been belittled, and you come away feeling mistrustful and not wanting to go back.

Can I suggest looking at other options regarding your eyes, maybe see another eye doctor, or request to see an optometrist? I don't know how the system works where you are so feel free to dismiss this!

Just remember, anxiety is temporary, but the potential for a happy life is a constant. We can all do this, we just need a helping hand sometimes.

Sending best wishes,

PG

I am thinking of seeing another optometrist. I just hate that I’m having these issues no one can really solve.

Weebo
20-01-18, 23:44
No need to apologise, it was just a suggestion to help you to get more from the site

Can you merge them?