PDA

View Full Version : Lump under right side of jawline

Chloeljohnson
18-01-18, 22:27
For about a month now i have noticed a small lump on the right side of my jawline just underneath and its really worrying me! It doesnt feel the same on the otherside and about 2 weeks ago i did go to the doctor's and he said an infection but there wasnt anything wrong with me apart from a week prior to my dr visit i did have a blister type thing on the roof of my mouth near my teeth but i doubt that would make it swell? It feels sort of hard but not like a rock and it kinda feels grisly?! Im not sure if it moves either because when i touch it im not sure if its my skin on top moving or the actual lump!? I also have to tilt my head to feel it! Hopefully someone can help me on here! I'm probably going to book another dr appointment and ask for a blood test

wilky44
18-01-18, 22:56
It's your salivary gland. One of mine is bigger than the other and you've described it perfectly

nomorepanic
18-01-18, 23:05
I thought it was a lymph node.

Chloeljohnson
18-01-18, 23:08
Is it normal for it to only be showing on one side? And can it just appear for no reason? Thanks for replying! Ive just been so worried and maybe its not helping that i keep feeling it?

wilky44
18-01-18, 23:11
Could be a lymph node too. Either way, the more you press and prod, the more likely it is you'll irritate it. I did!

Chloeljohnson
18-01-18, 23:15
After the doctor's i did stop touching it for like 2 weeks and like 2 days ago i was itching my neck and felt it again so now its set me off all over again!! I hate that the older ive got (I'm 22) the more worried i have become about my health! I never used to be like this till my nan died suddenly about 3 years ago which i think has made me worried about anything and everything:/

nomorepanic
18-01-18, 23:22
The best advice I can give is get some help now for the HA before it gets out of control