PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 3 - Did you really mean to think that ?

Meg
06-12-04, 21:46
Al comments welcome

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

nomorepanic
06-12-04, 22:31
Meg

This was a good one for me cos you mention that bridge on the M6.

A lot of my problems are thinking and this was a good one for me cos I need to stop thinking sometimes.

I really found it a big help and I nodded at a lot of it and agreed with it.

Thoughts are the things that make us worse.

Nicola

lainey
07-12-04, 11:23
Hi Meg

I could totally relate with this cd, apart from the bridge bit my thoughts are the same as Nicola's. Really gave me a big boost yesterday after I had listened to it.

Thanks again

Elaine

sadie
02-02-05, 20:38
Meg,

I found myself writing many notes with this CD and I found myself nodding away just like Nicola too. This CD made much sense to me as it is our thoughts which determine how we act and feel and I know my anxiety and health fears are all down to what i think and what I believe.

I liked all the facts that you included in this section such as - how 95% of our thoughts will never happen and how we think 50'000 thoughts per day. If we think as many thoughts as this and they are dominated by negative ones then no wonder we are all anxious!!

Overall, I loved thios CD abd have found myself listening to it over and over again to try and put my thoughts into perspective.

Thanks Meg

sadie

Sue
06-02-05, 14:42
Excellent!

a really good title too, makes you realise that it is our thoughts that make feel as we do!

Really useful

Sue

pips
06-02-05, 22:30
Brilliant Chapter Meg.

Wow what a powerful mind we have hey! Just need to put it into into more positive mode and less negative!

I could relate to this CD so well especially the dwelling bits!

I keep visualising that virtual ladder and i'm determined to keep climbing. I may get those blips and fall down a few rungs but at least it's good exercise (cross reference Chapter 4!)climbing back up! lol

Take Care,

Love PIP'S XX

tammyg
03-10-05, 19:11
Certainly made me catch myself thinking negative thoughts an awful lot more than I thought I thought them. This is my favourite chapter so far and I really think its the most important for me. Generally I like to think I am quite a positive person but having thought about how many negative thoughts I have each day, I am seriously wondering about this!

Anyway, I really like the fact that it is full of good examples of how to replace those negative thoughts. I, too, took many notes on this CD - a valuable resource I refer to often.

Thanks Meg

Tammy x