PDA

View Full Version : Poisoned Myself?

chestrockwells
18-01-18, 22:44
(I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this; if it's not, I'm sorry!)

My roommate was recently diagnosed with the flu, so I've been disinfecting everything. About an hour ago, I made some soup and cleaned the spoon handle I was using with a lysol disinfecting wipe. I didn't think about it until afterwards, but after cleaning it, half of the spoon submerged in the soup, which I ate. Now my stomach is upset and I'm having chest pains (which could be heartburn?), but I'm just so nervous that I have accidentally poisoned myself and need to go to the ER or something.

Would just cleaning a spoon handle with a lysol wipe be enough to poison me?

ankietyjoe
18-01-18, 22:46
You have not poisoned yourself. At all.

fma11122345
18-01-18, 22:47
I don't think so

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

worrywart29
19-01-18, 03:18
Not at all. You’re fine

bubx
19-01-18, 04:06
I think such a small dose on the wipe, even if it were poison [which it isn't because they would not be allowed to sell it], would not kill you

axolotl
19-01-18, 09:30
Do you think they'd be able to sell something for, among other purposes, cleaning kitchen surfaces if a very small amount could poison someone?

cofo
19-01-18, 15:41
Oh my gosh this is so something that I would do!! I'm so sorry. I'm sure that amount would not make you sick. But if you want to be sure you can call poison control. They will reassure you.

peters
19-01-18, 17:54
You don't have to worry, there is just no way that you could have poisoned yourself this way.