PDA

View Full Version : Struggling again with some neurological symptoms 😞

Chlobo
01-04-15, 17:58
Hi everyone. Last year I had a full blown melt down, I was convinced I had a brain Tumor and it ruled my life for about 6 months. I had tingling, off balance feelings, vision felt off and generally felt unwell. This all disappeared with support from friends and family and my doctor.
Well yesterday I felt slightly dizzy and it all brought all those fears back, I felt off and wobbly and just unwell. Last night I got a headache in the back of my head which has lead to more anxiety, it has eased now. But this morning I feel hot, tired and unwell again. And my head still doesn't feel great.
I don't want to go back down this road again, I'm already thinking the worst and that im doomed. I have a one year old to look after and I'm just a lobbing on the sofa just frozen with fear thinking all these what if's :(
The reason I get so worried about this is my eldest brother has had a brain Tumor, which he will always need scans and check ups for. My brother was extremally Ill he couldn't walk, barely could talk, had headaches and was violently sick. It did all start with him suffering headaches though. The doctors said his Tumor os not hereditary and was just a case of bad luck. Now I feel like my time is ticking and its only a matter of time before this happens to me too. I am undergoing counselling right now but my counseller can't see me for 2 weeks so I'm just at a loss for what to do. I'm so scared and worried, and I'm sick of being scared and worried all the time. I know this is a huge post but I just need to get this all off my chest, I feel so down today.

Gary A
01-04-15, 18:41
You have my sympathies. Health anxiety can be tough enough but when you are in the sad situation of having a close family member having had such a horrible illness it can really hit home hard. Brain tumours are almost always entirely random, there's very little evidence to suggest that they run in familes. Your symptoms are most probably all related to anxiety, of course, caused by witnessing your brother having to go through something so horrific.

Most people would get these symptoms and take them in their stride, but for you that's never going to be easy. What I will say by way of reassurance is that brain tumour headaches, as I'm sure you know, start bad and get progressively worse. They don't really come and go. As for dizziness, brain tumours mostly cause gait issues, like not being able to walk in a straight line or being unable to balance on one foot. Again, this is not a "come and go" symptom, it's there constantly and gets worse.

I do hope your councillor can sort you out a bit. As I said you have my sympathies, it really can't be easy.

Chlobo
01-04-15, 19:29
Thank you. I do try and calm myself but it's very hard. Yes my brother couldn't walk in a straight line or touch his nose with his finger, he was very ill.
I just don't feel myself the last couple days and I'm hoping it's virus related. I just can't stop worrying about it being a BT. I'm checking my walking, my balance, everything. Very stressful and upsetting. My counsiller is off for a couple weeks and I really need her right now, wish I could just call her but obviously I cant

Gary A
01-04-15, 19:49
You're fine, really. We all feel a bit sickly now and then, and while it's obviously easy for me to say, there really is no reason for that type of thing to point you to a brain tumour. You could have a slight cold coming, some small virus that'll make you a bit ill for a few days or whatever. A brain tumour, again, as I'm sure you know, would kick you sideways, it wouldn't just give you a feeling of "don't really feel myself."

Try to calm yourself as best you can. The odds of you having a brain tumour are so ridiculously low that it's not even really worth thinking about. Again though, I know it's easier for me to say that, and I do understand why you're concerned.

Chlobo
02-04-15, 09:23
I think it was the headache that really threw me, I can't recall having a headache in the back of my head, my neck was also stiff and sore very odd. I spoke to a family member who said it sounded muscle related or something. Not so sure. It's tbis funny floaty rubbish feeling I'm having thats getting to me as well. Also in exhausted. Does health anxiety ever end:wacko:

colinmckee2
02-04-15, 16:56
I have the exact same fear everytime I get a head ache I have had one on and off now for a few days and have been treating it with paracetamol which although cheap seems to be working.

Chlobo
15-11-15, 11:44
Anyone ever had a feeling of weakness in one arm? If so how long for? It's been nearly a month for me and I've seen 2 doctors who said anxiety stress/nerve issue. I'm 16 weeks pregnant

fruity
15-11-15, 15:19
Yes I have. Recently. But some years ago too when my anx/panic was bad. You will be OK.

JeffY
15-11-15, 15:52
Yep, usually my left arm, I still have the same strength but sometimes it will feel fatigued or perceived weakness. Had a bunch of blood work done and Dr says I'm healthy, I have been on Prozac for a month and I fell a lot better.
Take Care.
Jeff

Chlobo
15-11-15, 20:32
Thanks for replies. How long did it last? It's making my HA crazy.

JeffY
15-11-15, 21:53
For me it would come and go, from day to day, some days it would be my left arm and left leg, some days it would be all my limbs, or just my face. I'm not saying take a antidepressant, but for me it has helped.

rsanchez
15-11-15, 22:12
I get this with anxiety. Usually lasts no more than an hour although it can go away quickly if I distract myself.

You can know it's just anxiety by testing it. Lift a few things with your arm. You'll see that your arm is not any weaker than it normally is. It's just perceived weakness.

Chlobo
15-11-15, 22:30
This is why I'm so worried as mine differs in intensity but never actually goes. Nighttime is usually worse and I find it can wake me up from my sleep as my arm feels so strange. I'm also suffering with headaches at the moment, which the doc put down to pregnancy but I can't stop what if'ing.
I have a toddler to look after and I'm a single mum so I don't have a lot of other support.

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

I can life with the arm. The doctor asked me could I lift a cup to drink, could
I lift a kettle etc. So I don't know what's going on with it. It started off with a numb arm waking me from sleep at night, I panicked about it and after 4 nights of it happening in a row it suddenly felt like it all the time

Fishmanpa
15-11-15, 23:19
You've been examined and the professionals have determined this, while having very real physical symptoms, is benign. I know the NHS is difficult at best when seeking help for mental illness. I hope you get the help you need soon.

Positive thoughts

Chlobo
16-11-15, 00:05
Well no one has actually examined me. They have asked me about the weakness. But didn't do any tests as such. I'm so bad right now I know I need some serious help, or a brain scan. I don't know which

Fishmanpa
16-11-15, 00:15
Well no one has actually examined me. They have asked me about the weakness. But didn't do any tests as such. I'm so bad right now I know I need some serious help, or a brain scan. I don't know which

From November 3rd:

"I've been having problems with my arm which the doctor said was carpel."

So yes, carpel tunnel syndrome can and does cause the symptoms you're having.

Positive thoughts

Chlobo
17-11-15, 11:47
I can't believe it's benign. My arm feels horrible, how can this be normal?!

Chlobo
24-11-15, 09:51
I've had health anxiety for as long as I can remember and recently have been having a lot of stress in my personal life which always makes the anxiety rear its head. Anyway I'm 17 weeks pregnant and about 4 weeks ago after waking up in the night with a funny numb feeling in my arm which happened 4 nights in a row. I suddenly had this weak feeling all the time down from the elbow to wrist and fingers. No tingling or numbness just this heavy horrible feeling. I went to 3 doctors and asked the midwife about it all who said probably a mixture of fluid pressing on nerves and carpel tunnel along with servere anxiety. I kept having panic attacks about it and just generally felt like something serious was going on.
About 3 days ago the feeling suddenly came on in my right leg, heavy and just weird. I rushed down the docs again and had a neuro exam on my leg and the doctor did a few tests on the arm as well. She said that there is no clinical weakness so my strength tests are fine, and if it was neuro issue that wouldn't be the case. She's put it all down to anxiety and has told me to basically ignore the feeling. I'm having therapy which started yesterday and I'm also soon going to be taking some anxiety medication.
I just can't believe that all this could be anxiety, especially now the feeling is in my leg too. I just can't function, too scared to go out alone in case my leg suddenly stops working or doesn't hold me up.
I'm just so scared and I feel like there must be a brain Tumor going on. I'm just at a loss and so anxious, with panic attacks most days due to this and not wanting to be on my own
:weep:

itwillbefine
24-11-15, 11:35
Hey,

Your midwife said
"probably a mixture of fluid pressing on nerves and carpel tunnel along with servere anxiety". So you have a good explanation! I have similar symptoms, and I'm not pregnant, but Dr. Google taught me that carpal tunnel syndrome is normal for pregnant women, and it will pass.
One of the first questions my neurologist asked, when I mentioned waking up with numbness in hands and fingers, was "are you pregnant?". I'm waiting for further examination for carpal tunnel syndrome, but my blood tests came back: Iron deficiency. Ok, my imaginary brain tumor may be draining my iron, but maybe not...
I'm sure I don't have carpal tunnel syndrome, because I have symptoms in hands, arms and also feet and legs. I'm almost sure it's just the low iron level. Coupled with anxiety pershaps.

Hope that helps a Little. (youre taking your iron supplement, right?)

Chlobo
25-11-15, 09:25
It's the fact it's now the arm and the leg now, the arm maybe not so bad now. I don't know. It's all I can focus on, can't think straight. I know if I go to the hospital they won't do an MRI because my neuro test was okay and also I'm pregnant. I'm just freaking out.

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

I know I don't have carpel tunnel. It's not even tingling and it wouldn't affect the leg if it was...

Chlobo
27-04-16, 09:59
Since last October I have had this weird weakness feeling in my arm and leg on the right side. I've been pregnant and the whole of my pregnancy petrified in case I have something wrong in my brain. It faded away towards the end of pregnancy and the feeling of weakness also came and went during pregnancy. I've been to my doctor countless times who says it's nothing to worry about because I passed a neuro exam she did. After I gave birth to my son last week the feelings have come back again! It's so uncomfortable and annoying. I'm starting to go down a black hole again with this and I have a toddler and a newborn to look after. I'm so annoyed that its come back again. I was also hoping it was due to pregnancy but I've had my baby now and it's come back so it couldn't of been that. I'm so fed up. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Josh1234
27-04-16, 15:38
yes. its just a feeling. you can do everyday tasks, right?

Chlobo
27-04-16, 19:20
Hey, yes I can, it's just the feeling, it is bizarre. And I have no idea what it could be :wacko:

Chlobo
31-07-17, 11:46
Hi there, a week ago I woke up to my right upper eyelid being lower than the other one, I went to the doctor who dismissed it completely and said he wasn't worried about the eye but was more concerned about my anxiety. Two days later in the same eye I got the symptoms of an infection come out, eye was very swollen in my morning and discharge also felt like something was in my eye.
Fast forward it's been a whole week and my eyelid still hasn't gone back to normal And it feels heavy and weird. I've convinced myself I have a tumour pressing behind my eye or causing this lowered eyelid. It's not lowered to the point it looks terrible but I can notice it when it compare! I have annewborn baby and two kids I look after and I can't function like this 😪

Gary A
31-07-17, 11:50
You mentioned you have a newborn baby, were you aware that this is actually quite a common symptom that happens to women during and proceeding pregnancy?

It's called ptosus, and it's mainly caused by hormonal changes and fluid retention. Your doctor should really have known that to be honest. I would go back and ask to speak to another doctor, as I'm almost certain this is what's happening here.

The good news is that it's completely harmless and should resolve in a few months after giving birth.

Chlobo
31-07-17, 12:00
Hi I wasn't aware pregnancy could cause it no, I did google and it said ptosis but that it can be caused by brain tumours! My doctor said it wasn't that noticeable but I can notice it. I had my baby 4 weeks ago, do you think this is the cause?

TattooArtist
31-07-17, 12:41
Yes. That is the cause. My skin and fluid in the body didn't right itself for 6 months after pregnancy. Drink a lot of water to help flush it out. If the eye is pink or crusty, you might have a minor infection that can be treated with drops.

Hypomean
31-07-17, 12:49
Could be lack of sleep.

I know with each baby I would be lacking sleep so bad I would deal with the sandy eye feeling and droopy lids. Another possibility could be Bell's palsy.

Or a stye I had one before and my eye lid felt heavy for a bit. how long it lasted I don't remember.

Chlobo
31-07-17, 13:39
I absolutely hate going to the doctor and when I did go I was sick before the appointment and I tend to just avoid medical things unless I really have to go so the thought of having to go back is scary. some days it looks better than other days. And i didn't know if the infection was related somehow. I have PTSD from watching my older brother go through a brain tumour and operations for it so it's a really horrible subject for me.

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

I am shattered but it's just my right eye that's affected

melfish
31-07-17, 16:25
Could also just be conjunctivitus (pink eye). A drooping eyelid was my first symptom when I had it alongside a cold a few months ago.

Chlobo
31-07-17, 21:05
My eye has almost cleared now with the infection but the eyelid still hasn't gone back to normal. It's improved from what it was but still not right. It's been one week now

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Feeling so anxious, does anyone have anymore words of reassurance?
Should I go back to the doctor?

TattooArtist
01-08-17, 01:43
Give it 3 days

Chlobo
01-08-17, 02:31
Give what 3 days? 3 days till I go back to the doctor?

TattooArtist
01-08-17, 02:44
Yes. Trust me on this. If it's still a real medical concern in 3 full days, go back to the doctor. I use this rule for my own HA, since most of my concerns are replaced by a new worry within 72 hours (unless the issue is real, not imagined or propped up by my ha)

Chlobo
01-08-17, 02:49
Okay I'll wait 3 days. I'm sure it won't have gone in three days even though I'm praying it does. I really don't want to have to see the doctor again.

Chlobo
01-08-17, 19:21
So a few people have probably read my posts about my eyelid being lower.
Well today the eye is looking much better but I still feel sick with worry.
My partner says I need to go to the doctors and demand more tests because I can't carry on the way I am. Even him just saying that makes me want to run away. Would my eye improve with time if it was a brain tumour or stroke? I can't make an appointment with the doctor that knows about my anxiety for two weeks time.

Jackrabbit
01-08-17, 22:51
Anxiety doesn't just wear off. It takes time for those brain chemicals and misfirings to balance themselves out and return to "normal". it is possible, but difficult. Be easy on yourself and just keep acknowledging that it is anxiety and isn't something else.

Chlobo
02-08-17, 20:29
I'm sorry for posting again but I'm 4 weeks post partum and my head and anxiety is such a mess. I had an eye infection that started off with a swollen eyelid a couple of weeks ago, my eye looked half shut and I got myself into a state thinking I had a stroke or a brain tumour because I had something which I googled called ptosis. I went to the doctor who said he wouldn't of noticed an issue with the eye if I hadn't mentioned it and was more concerned about anxiety issues.
Anyway fast forward it's been two weeks and my eye isn't swollen anymore but I can't stop comparing and examining my eyes to check for symmetry. It's driving me mad and I'm in a depressive anxious black hole that I can get out of.
I can't stop taking photos of my eyes and comparing my eyelids and asking friends and family if they notice anything odd about my eyes. They all say they can't notice anything strange looking about them.
I don't know what I want from this post but I'm just so scared, this is the worst bout of health anxiety I've had in about a year. I have three children to look after and I can barely function, I'm surviving on one meal a day if that because of how stressed I am and it's all to do with this eye.
Just need someone to talk too who understands :(

Melonpony
02-08-17, 20:39
I thought I was the only one who did this. Went through it last Fall. I thought I had a weird eye thing also - a sagging eyelid. I took pictures and asked my husband a few times if my eyes looked weird etc. He never noticed.
I finally realized it is actual asymmetry with my eye brows, and eyebrows will sag differently on each side of the face. It's normal and natural.

I don't know if you have a sagging eyebrow, but it's possible. Or, the other possibility is that it's just anxiety causing you to hyperanalyze.
Or the eye infection did make it swollen, and it's still calming down and going back to normal.

I think you're anxious/have anxiety. Probably due to new baby and having 3 kids etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Annaboodle
02-08-17, 21:10
Your doctor is right to be more concerned about anxiety issues. I would go back and tell him he was right about the anxiety - that you're having intrusive repetitive thoughts that are affecting your every day life. That's what these are. It worries me that you say you are surviving on less than one meal a day with a new born baby. I feel for you cause I know how exhausting it is and how much energy you need.

Your last post - people responded and tried to reassure you it was nothing serious with your eye. They told you about the ptosis thing from pregnancy for info, and also that asymmetry in facial features is totally normal. I'm not sure what more reassurance you're going to get here or what you could hear that would reassure you. You need help with the anxiety. That's the only thing that will help.

Gary A
02-08-17, 21:56
Actual ptosis is very noticeable to an observer, it's not something a doctor would miss. Many things can cause ptosis, but if it's being caused by an issue with the brain, as is your fear, it would be noticeable to everyone without you even having to point it out.

A way to perhaps reassure yourself is to test the strength in your eyelids. Close your eyes as tight as you can and see if if you can force your eyelids open with your thumb and forefinger. If there is an issue with the brain, you would be able to open this eyelid applying almost zero force with either your thumb or forefinger. If you can hold your eyelid shut under even slight force, it proves without question that your eyelid muscles are being controlled by your brain.

Don't go pushing like mad, obviously, just gently try and lift your eyelid. I'll bet my life savings that you won't be able to lift your eyelids without exerting a huge force.

I only advise this because I honestly don't know what else to tell you, but trust me, that is actually a part of a neurological examination.

Chlobo
02-08-17, 22:06
Thanks for to your replies.
I'm just struggling to let this one go...
Gary I tried the test and I can open them by force, I'm not sure how much force is too little or not enough but it wasn't majorly easy to open them I guess.
No one else can notice the issue, I even asked a family member to come over this morning specifically to look at my eyelid and she said it looked fine and she couldn't see any difference at all.
Ive had CBT in the past for HA but honestly I haven't found it helpful, I'm on 60 mg of fluoxetine at the moment which perhaps is doing something...
I've been through a lot of stress the last 4 weeks regarding stress of a new child but also other problems since coming home from hospital.
I honestly don't know how to break this...

Gary A
02-08-17, 22:31
Thanks for to your replies.
I'm just struggling to let this one go...
Gary I tried the test and I can open them by force, I'm not sure how much force is too little or not enough but it wasn't majorly easy to open them I guess.
No one else can notice the issue, I even asked a family member to come over this morning specifically to look at my eyelid and she said it looked fine and she couldn't see any difference at all.
Ive had CBT in the past for HA but honestly I haven't found it helpful, I'm on 60 mg of fluoxetine at the moment which perhaps is doing something...
I've been through a lot of stress the last 4 weeks regarding stress of a new child but also other problems since coming home from hospital.
I honestly don't know how to break this...

The brain controls voluntary muscle movements. If your eyelid droop was being caused by the brain, it would mean that something was preventing the neurotransmitters from the brain reaching the muscles that control your eyelids. If you can close your eyelids tightly and hold them closed under gentle force, it means that nothing is preventing the neurotransmitters reaching your eyelid muscles.

A brain tumour in the right region would absolutely cause a deficit in the eyelid muscles that would cause a severe eyelid droop and there is absolutely no way you would be able to voluntarily hold your eyelids closed until you applied a heavy force. The fact your eyelids can resist gentle force proves absolutely that this issue, if there even is one, is not being caused in any way by a problem within the brain.

Chlobo
02-08-17, 22:51
So there would be a droop that people would notice and could point out?
Hmmm I'm slightly nervous doing the test and I keep doing it just to make sure now, need to sto p myself repeating it because my eyes are starting to hurt.
I think the starting droop was due to the infection but my mind went haywire as soon as I saw my eyelid looked a bit off, I keep looking to try and compare but I'm not certain there's anything to really see

poppy77
03-08-17, 09:01
It sounds like you are suffering a bit of post natal anxiety like I did after the birth of my daughter in 2015.

I had never had it after the birth of my two sons but had it big style after the birth of my daughter. Like you, a slight medical issue set it off (which was resolved). Then it spiralled into major health anxiety. Read my past posts. I even called out an ambulance at one point and made about four trips up to A&E in a panic. Luckily, my family were supportive and made me see the doctors about my anxiety. They quickly saw I had post natal health anxiety and put me on Sertraline. I started this in January 2016 and was off the Sertraline by September 2016 and feeling much better.

I think a natural tendency to slight anxiety mixed with post natal hormones basically sent my mind nuts for a few months and I'm glad I'm out of this now. You will be too. I'm not saying I never worry, a tendency for slight health anxiety will probably always be part of me but after receiving talking therapy, I manage things a lot better now.

Definitely speak to your doctor again. Post natal health anxiety can make physical symptoms seem extreme. You may think, this can't all be anxiety and that no one is believing you. This, compounded with a new mum's feat of leaving their children will make you think the worst. However, post natal health anxiety is almost certainly what you're suffering, especially as the doctors have checked you over. Doctors these days are very careful and will refer for tests if they even have a slight doubt. They have also seen people present with various conditions before and would know when to refer to consultants and the hospitals.

Go to see the doctors about your anxiety and I'm sure you'll begin to feel better. Xxx

swajj
03-08-17, 09:16
That's a great answer Gary.

Chlobo
03-08-17, 09:50
Thank you poppy. I don't want myself to spiral back into full blown HA again. Strangely I had no health anxiety after the birth of my son either but with my two daughters I did.
My eyelid is okay, less swollen than ever today and it looks normal. I'm now worrying it's gonna come back and the fact it's strangely looking okay now. Can't win can I!

Annaboodle
03-08-17, 10:29
Thank you poppy. I don't want myself to spiral back into full blown HA again. Strangely I had no health anxiety after the birth of my son either but with my two daughters I did.
My eyelid is okay, less swollen than ever today and it looks normal. I'm now worrying it's gonna come back and the fact it's strangely looking okay now. Can't win can I!

I had awful HA after my first baby. It's such a difficult time cause emotions and hormones and your body and everything is just all over the place. Then chuck in the lack of sleep... I'm sending you a big hug and a nice cuppa hot chocolate or whatever your cuppa of choice is, through the ether.

Chlobo
03-08-17, 12:10
Oh thank you. My eyelid looks slightly swollen again now and I have a strange heavy feeling on the eyelid again. Also a headache on the same side.

Melonpony
04-08-17, 18:31
I used to get this feeling w the headache and the feeling that j had a sagging eyelid and it was all down to the fact that I was straining that side of my face too much. I had to learn to relax it.

Also look into eyebrow trigger points. I worked on those for a few weeks, and that helped release some tension in my face. The eyebrow and eye muscles can be massaged to help this.

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/article.php?id=14447

Chlobo
05-08-17, 12:30
I'm going back to the doctors I think. I can't cope with the anxiety. My hands are shaking and my voice is trembling. Feel absolutely awful �� I'll try that thank you x

Chlobo
09-08-17, 12:17
So I went to see a doctor again about my eyelid, he is also an eye doctor as well as a GP... anyway I asked him outright if I had ptosis and he said most definitely not. He checked both my eyes and the back of my eyes and said 'there's nothing wrong with your brain or your eyes, you need to hang in there with waiting for therapy referall' this initially reassured me but today I'm back to looking at them. And today again I'm sure there's a difference. I'm a mixture of angry with myself for doubting this doctor and panicked that he's missed something!
Tired of this...

Gary A
09-08-17, 12:30
A doctor would not miss ptosis caused by a brain tumour, expecting two to miss it is ridiculous. You're going to need to just accept that I'm afraid.

Chlobo
10-08-17, 14:39
Could it come and go? It's strange some days the eyelid looks okay and others I'm sure it looks different to my other eyelid. Could ptosis come and go?

Gary A
10-08-17, 15:18
Could it come and go? It's strange some days the eyelid looks okay and others I'm sure it looks different to my other eyelid. Could ptosis come and go?

Not if it were being caused by a brain tumour, no. A brain tumour would be putting constant pressure on the area of your brain that controls muscle movements in the eye, if anything, it would get progressively worse.

Some of this stuff is really all down to common sense. A brain tumour would render your eyelid completely paralysed, it certainly wouldn't be so subtle as to not be noticeable to two trained medical professionals, and it also wouldn't ease up for a few hours.

Chlobo
11-08-17, 11:34
When I smile and stretch my mouth as far as it can go one side is higher than the other. The lower side feels weird. I'm not sure if it's always been like this. I feel sick and I'm pacing around my flat with panic. Please help

ServerError
11-08-17, 12:02
Same applies to everybody. It's more noticeable with some than others, but there is a dominate "side" to the face that makes the muscle more flexible on one side than the other. It's perfectly normal. I noticed it in myself many years ago.

Annaboodle
11-08-17, 12:06
I have this too. Everyone does. Hope the doctor's reassurances from checking your eyes the other day for anything sinister help with this anxiety too. There's really nothing wrong.

Chlobo
11-08-17, 12:12
I can notice it when I do a small smile too, I'm in such a bad way at the moment with this anxiety. The panic is awful

ServerError
11-08-17, 12:15
Nothing you do with your face changes the fact that this is perfectly normal.

Gary A
11-08-17, 12:18
Why are you asking for help then completely ignoring the answers?

Chlobo
11-08-17, 12:51
My anxiety is just so so bad at the moment, almost impossible to gain control of. I've tried to force the lower side to be higher but it won't budge when it gets to a certain point. I've never noticed before

ServerError
11-08-17, 12:56
You're still ignoring the answers, though.

What you're describing is NORMAL. What's the point in posting if you're not interested in the answers?

Chlobo
11-08-17, 13:08
I'm not honestly, I will accept what you're saying. Thank you

ServerError
11-08-17, 14:24
Accepting things is difficult when anxiety is raging. This forum would be much quieter if it wasn't.

The thing is, if you're finding yourself unable to rationalise fear over a perfectly natural thing, it may be time to seek help beyond the forum. You may well already be doing that, but if not, you should certainly consider it.

ShaunRyder
11-08-17, 14:31
My left side is higher than my right when I smile, you are fine :)

melfish
11-08-17, 15:10
This is so normal that when you take a photo of any random person, split it down the middle, then use a mirror image of each half to make two whole new faces, they won't look anything alike. Google it and see.

Thelegend27
11-08-17, 17:12
i had to smile when i read this, this is the type of thing that anxiety does to you, you pay attention to meaningless things and assume theres a problem. our bodies are not always symmetrical from one side to the other, for example ones hands or feet can be different sizes, one eye can be bigger than the other, and this applies to any body part. this is normal human structure, sure some people get the satisfaction of being pretty symmetrical but not everyone does. my brothers left foot is bigger than his right, my nephews left hand is longer than his right, its just how it works, im pretty much symmetrical as far as the eye can see but im sure i could find some flaws if i looked for them.

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

i forgot to mention my ribs are not symmetrical, my left ribs stick up a little higher than the right ribs, and they arent completely alined either, again its just how we are made, our right side isnt a mirror of our left and the same goes for our left side. enjoy being healthy.

Chlobo
13-08-17, 12:33
So I had a shower this morning and scrubbed my face with scrub cause I get dry skin around my nose. The scrub makes my face feel super tight so I always put a lotion on after. Anyway while my face was tight I frowned in the mirror and one of my eyebrows went lower than the other. I panicked and rubbed them and it went back to the same height as the other when I frowned. Was this because my skin was tight because of the scrub? It makes my skin feel sooo tight. I'm obviously panicking because I'm thinking the muscle in my face is failing .
Sorry for long winded post

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

My anxiety is so bad �� I'm struggling to cope with constant feelings of panic

Elen
13-08-17, 12:34
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Chlobo
13-08-17, 16:51
Okay thanks. Does anyone think this is concerning? It hasnt happened again

Bigboyuk
13-08-17, 17:04
No There's absolutely nothing to worry about you are normal and nothing is wrong with you so try and chill out and enjoy the rest of the day :) Cheers

Chlobo
13-08-17, 18:15
Surely it isn't normal for my eye brow to do that?

ServerError
13-08-17, 18:20
Two questions:

Why can't it be normal?

How do you know your perceptions aren't just off?

Chlobo
13-08-17, 18:26
Because surely that means the muscle in the eyebrow failed for a second? I rubbed it with my hand and it was alright after that but it's like the muscle went weird. I don't know I instantly panicked so didn't really examine it much. It's always on the right side of my face this weird stuff keeps happening

ServerError
13-08-17, 18:38
The truth is, I'm not a doctor, and nor is anyone else here. So really, none of us can tell you what these things you're noticing are. But what I do know is that you've seen a doctor, and that you have an anxiety disorder, so I know what I lean towards with this.

Let me ask you, who told you that your muscles always do what you want or expect them to do? Where did you get that idea? I had a twitch in my nose for about five months not long ago. Were the muscles in my nose failing? They certainly weren't doing what I wanted or expected (actually, I did quite like it). In the end, it went away. Our muscles respond to what we eat, what we don't eat, and even to our moods and genetics.

If you really think something is going on and needs investigating, you'll have to go back to the doctor. We can't tell you what it is. But when they tell you you're fine, what steps will you take to deal with your anxiety? Because accepting expert opinion can be just as challenging as accepting opinion on a forum.

Chlobo
13-08-17, 18:55
I guess where the skin was stuff it made the skin look odd or something. If it was a tumour causing that it wouldn't start to work again wouldnit...
My brother had a brain tumour a few years ago and they say I have ptsd from seeing him sick. I've had some therapy for it and I did get a bit better but since having my baby and my eyelid dropping cause of that eye infection I've gone back to square one. I'm just afraid all the time that what happened to him will happen to me, I'm 27 now and that's the age he was diagnosed. I've never seen someone so sick before and I already had health anxiety before he was diagnosed with cancer. He's okay now but has to have regular scans in case it comes back because it's one that could grow again. He's had it twice in total in the last few years but they operated and did chemo and radiotherapy. I get flashbacks and it makes me want to be sick. I don't know how to help myself anymore.. I tell you guys about these weird symptoms and hope that I'll get reassurance cause that's all I really want.

Bigboyuk
13-08-17, 19:04
Surely it isn't normal for my eye brow to do that?Yep Like melfish says no ones face is dead symmetrical there are always subtle differences in either side it's perfectly normal, Ok stop using that cream that makes you skin tight this may help you :) Cheers

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

This is so normal that when you take a photo of any random person, split it down the middle, then use a mirror image of each half to make two whole new faces, they won't look anything alike. Google it and see. Just drifting OT a bit I see your Avatar is Brian from FG are you a fan and watch it lol :) Cheers

pulisa
13-08-17, 19:43
Chlobo, no one can tell you that you 100% you won't get a brain tumour like your poor brother but brain tumours are incredibly rare and you will be only too aware of red flag symptoms and on the alert for any little perceived (by you) flicker or anomaly. Having a baby recently puts added pressure on you to stay well for your little one and brings back memories of your brother being so sick..However, you have to try to get things in perspective, put a check on your constant self-monitoring and believe what the doctor tells you otherwise your anxiety will just run rampant. Ultimately it's down to you and no one else. I really hope you are able to tone down your anxiety for your baby's sake.

Chlobo
14-08-17, 10:48
Thank you I'm so greatful for all your replies I really am. I have no one else to talk too about this, my family just say 'you're fine' or my partner just says we'll go to the doctor then I don't know what you're worried about. Horrible vicious circle.
I have my first mental health appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed it goes well

happybunny13
14-08-17, 12:40
Take a step back and breath. Your anxiety is sky high and you are focused on your face. Try to distract yourself by doing something else. The more you concentrate on your face the more faults you,ll find and your feeding the anxiety. Try watching a film or listening to music. Anything that will distract you from your worries. Your mind being anxious will create things that aren't there. I've been where you are comparing my pupils. I was sure one was bigger than the other and thought this mite be a sign of a tumour. I'd take pictures and everytime I looked in the mirror I'd compare them and panic. In the end I had to stand back and think this is silly. I had to force myself to stop and say in the end if I had a tumour I'd have other symptoms. I also had CBT which helped alot. I hope this helps. Keep busy! Distraction is key

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Bigboyuk
14-08-17, 13:23
Thank you I'm so greatful for all your replies I really am. I have no one else to talk too about this, my family just say 'you're fine' or my partner just says we'll go to the doctor then I don't know what you're worried about. Horrible vicious circle.
I have my first mental health appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed it goes well Well you have here and we will always listen and advise where we can :) I think some times family,close friends don't have a clue what going on it doesn't help and often you will feel isolated. Hope your appointment goes really well for you and you begin to get your life back on track :) Let us know how you get on Cheers

Chlobo
23-08-17, 07:06
I've woken up this morning and my legs feel like jelly. They feel strange when I walk and tired. Now I can't stop focusing on it. I'm supposed to be meeting a friend today and my anxiety is sky high over this

ServerError
23-08-17, 07:31
It's an anxiety symptom. Partly it's just hypersensitivity to bodily sensations, but anxiety does cause a jelly legged feeling. It won't do you any harm and you can do whatever you need to do today, even if you have to fe this way. It can't stop you.

Chlobo
23-08-17, 07:42
It feels horrible like they aren't going to hold me up when I walk. Could it be anxiety? I've been very anxious the last couple of months but I wasn't feeling particularly anxious until I felt the jelly legs this morning.

ServerError
23-08-17, 07:53
You might have been riven by conscious anxious thought, but perhaps you're subconsciously stressed by going out today? You also have to remember that chronic anxiety means the body can produce symptoms at any time, even if your thoughts are more in order. I still get occasional symptoms, and I've had my mind pretty well sorted for a while now.

Yes, it could easily be anxiety. It's extremely common in anxiety to feel this way. It's just adrenaline. Nothing more, nothing less. Getting up and moving is a good way to burn it off. Your legs won't fail you. See if you can make them fail you. You won't be able to. They're working fine.

helenclaire
23-08-17, 08:52
I get this also along with loads more symptoms. I have the hairdressers today and I am so nervous about not being able to just get up and leave if I feel bad. I have woken up feeling awful. I feel weak lightheaded panicky.
I know it's because I'm nervous but it still makes me feel awful.
I've felt like this 100s of times but it still scares me.

Chlobo
27-08-17, 22:50
I'm so scared. I'm on the brain tumour train at the moment and my fingers and thumbs are feeling very odd. They feel uncoordinated and stiff. I keep testing the co ordination by putting each finger tip on my thumb at a fast spend and sometimes I'm messing it up a little bit. My thumbs feel worse, they are feeling so tired. I am on my phone a lot during the day and obviously use my thumbs to type but I'm just so panicked.
I was also chewing some chicken earlier and my jaw started to ache and feel the same fatigue. Does anyone else get this/have had thins and it's nothing to worry about? I'm in such a bad way 😞

Zomboy
28-08-17, 00:06
Hey Chlobo

What you're describing is just muscle fatigue, I've had it in all my fingers on both hands.
It was caused by the strength tests I was doing to look for "weakness".

The jaw is the same only that I find it gets even more fatigued just from the tension caused by anxiety.

Don't worry it'll pass soon, just don't do any strength tests or anything :)

Chlobo
28-08-17, 08:04
Thank you Zomboy for your reply, it's a horrid feeling isn't it?
It's like when I wash up I notice it in my fingers and when I go to grab something sometimes I miss? Does this sound okay?

Zomboy
28-08-17, 08:44
Yes, your fingers feel slow and uncoordinated.
I know exactly what you mean.

Chlobo
31-08-17, 11:14
I've been experiencing some muscle fatigue recently and I'm worried. My fingers seem to ache just doing something like the washing up. My knees feel weak and tired bending over the bath to wash my hair and once I've done they feel shaky too. I'm worried this is a neurological problem...

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Can I just add this is 8 weeks post partum from having a C section

Fishmanpa
31-08-17, 12:54
You've been down this road before Cloe. It's not neurological, it's psychological and of course, you know full well anxiety cause muscle fatigue (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Muscles_muscle_tension_stiffness_muscle_t witching_tight_scalp_or_neck).

Positive thoughts

Chlobo
31-08-17, 14:38
I feel like I'm always going down this road fishmanpa �� It doesn't matter how much therapy or medication I take I still end up here in this hole

Amanda-76
01-09-17, 21:44
I know how you feel. I deal with being dizzy and off balance every day for the last 3 years. Also, my son had a brain tumor at 14(he's 17 now) so that obviously makes me even more scared.

Chlobo
05-09-17, 07:23
When I wake in the morning my arms and legs feel so weak. Like they won't hold me, the feeling lessens as I wake up more. Could
This be tiredness? Starting to worry about MS..

Jordan_21
05-09-17, 07:26
Happens to me a lot, particularly if I am tense during sleep, sleeping posture is poor or had been working hard the day before.

I find taking a hot bath before bed helps me.

Chlobo
05-09-17, 10:43
Thanks I might try that. I think I hold myself quite tense.
I'm so worried about MS and neurological problems at the moment.

Chlobo
12-09-17, 10:11
My leg feels like it's weak and clumsy. I stumbled on the school run. It feels heavy and not really there like it's not gonna hold me up. My fingers feel weird on my right hand as well. Neurological disease phobia is killing ne

atl
14-09-17, 05:52
I have both of these things. I understand how scary it can be. I don't really know what's going gone either.

Chlobo
14-09-17, 07:22
This morning when I wiggle both of my fingers as fast as I can (the one next to my thumbs) the one on my left hand feels incredibly strange. It gets fatigue so much faster than the other finger on my right hand and I can't move it as quickly. It gets stiff and useless really easily.
Is this normal? Could this be abnormal part of the way the body works or do I have a brain tumour that's messing with my fingers. That's all I can think of right now, I've just got up with my kids and I feel scared Out of my wits. I know I shouldn't keep testing but my fingers feel so clumsy and when I have to use them all the time my fear doubles. Even changing an spot is scaring me because my fingers just don't seem to want to work properly.
Please someone talk me down

---------- Post added at 07:22 ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 ----------

Changing a nappy that was meant to say

Chlobo
14-09-17, 08:16
It's so scary!! Mine comes and goes

Midnight-mouse
14-09-17, 09:56
Are you right handed per chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chlobo
14-09-17, 12:10
I am right handed but I get the same feeling in my right hand too

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

ZaI am right handed but I get the same feeling in my right hand too

Midnight-mouse
14-09-17, 12:40
I am right handed but I get the same feeling in my right hand too

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

ZaI am right handed but I get the same feeling in my right hand too

I would say the fatigue feeling you get in your left comes on first because it's not your dominant hand and if your doing strength tests on your hands you can easily make them start feeling very strange.

Focusing on one part of the body can make it feel odd in itself, I've done this with my hands in the past and made them feel like they weren't actually my hands even though I was able to move them and still feel things it was like they were slow and unresponsive and unrelated to me completely.

Fishmanpa
14-09-17, 12:57
This morning when I wiggle both of my fingers as fast as I can (the one next to my thumbs) the one on my left hand feels incredibly strange. It gets fatigue so much faster than the other finger on my right hand and I can't move it as quickly. It gets stiff and useless really easily.
Is this normal?

No, it's definitely not normal at all to wiggle your fingers as fast as you can! Seriously, I would definitely seek professional help with that behavior!

Positive thoughts

pulisa
14-09-17, 13:10
I don't think you need an explanation for this other than your HA is taking control and will make you experience all kinds of irrational thoughts/feelings that you would not normally experience if you were not going through an intense episode. You need to stop testing yourself because you will always find something to fixate upon. I know it's far from easy but you are not doing yourself any favours.

Chlobo
14-09-17, 13:19
I don't know how to help myself anymore I'm scared all the time

pulisa
14-09-17, 13:47
Once you get in this intense anxiety mindset you will be constantly scanning and monitoring your body for any sign of "abnormality". You must be mentally exhausted by it all and exhaustion will invite irrational thoughts and fears and testing of random body parts which your tired brain will believe do not function properly ie terminal illness/worst case scenario.

I really think you need to see your GP to get some help with stabilising your intense anxiety? It's awful to exist like this, I know xx

atl
14-09-17, 16:59
So does mine, I find that in the morning when I wake up the feelings of weakness/clumsiness/heaviness in my leg and hand aren't there very much. But then as the day goes on they come back. That's my pattern anyway.

riversidewalking
14-09-17, 19:30
Muscles, tendons, etc are different from one hand (and one finger) to another. Daily activities and which hand is dominant have a direct impact.

Chlobo
16-09-17, 14:41
I went to a wedding last night and I danced for ages when I stopped and walked to a chair to sit down my legs felt like wobbly jelly. Is this normal?

Midnight-mouse
16-09-17, 15:26
I went to a wedding last night and I danced for ages when I stopped and walked to a chair to sit down my legs felt like wobbly jelly. Is this normal?

Very normal, weakness would mean you weren't able to dance in the first place

Gary A
16-09-17, 15:51

Sorry, but does that even need asking?

Elen
16-09-17, 19:31
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Chlobo
15-11-17, 22:58
For a few years now I’ve had on and off weakness feelings in my legs, especially my right one. It started during pregnancy with my son and it went away for a long time but now it seems to be coming back. I fell asleep on the floor tonight and I woke up in a panic not knowing where i was. My right leg felt extremely weak and I don’t mnow if it was caused by how I was lying as my right arm had pressure marks all over it. Anyhow my leg felt so weak like it felt like jelly and stuff like it wouldn’t hold me up. It seems to have gone off now but I’m so scared right now.
I have a huge fear of brain tumors and this is making me think I’ve got one :weep:
Does this sound concerning? I don’t understand why my leg felt so weird

atl
15-11-17, 23:05
Yeah I had these for several months too. As you've experienced, it can come and go, but it's just a sensation. Even though its pretty disconcerting. I haven't figured out how to get rid of it, just ignore it as much as possible until it goes away. I decided I wouldn't go to the doctor about it again until it actually physical limited me in some way.

Chlobo
16-11-17, 05:15
When you say limits you do you mean when you can’t actually walk? I was in such a blind panic I didn’t really know what I was doing. I was so confused bevagse I fell asleep and i woke up in a panic I couldn’t even think what I was doing. It’s really scared me and it’s never felt that bad before I don’t think

atl
16-11-17, 17:56
Yes. As in I can't walk on it, I have limited mobility of it, have clinical weakness in it, etc. Something that you can show the doctor that is observable, not just a feeling.

Chlobo
16-11-17, 18:41
So should we only worry when it becomes a noticeable issue? My family, friends all day that they can’t see any difference in the way I’m walking etc.

And why would our bodies do this? It’s bizzae and such a frightening feeling when you feel like you can’t trust your own limbs

atl
16-11-17, 21:13
It is a really strange feeling, I agree.

For me personally, I've been to the doctor's twice about this. She wasn't concerned about it, and didn't think it was necessary to refer me to a neuro. So I decided I wouldn't go back unless there wasn't something tangible I could demonstrate to the doctor.

Chlobo
17-11-17, 08:34
I went to the doctors loads and she said the same as your doctor, she tested my strength too. I can’t even count how many times I went to her about the same thing for reassurance and eventually it went away but now it’s back!

Do you find that it’s all you can think about and focus on? Like there’s nothing else you can do to truely distract yourself from it. All day I’m focusing on it and waiting for it to buckle or if I stumble I panic and think it’s the start of losing function. I can’t get my thoughts under control

Chlobo
21-11-17, 13:35
I’m unsure as to wether I can feel my leg properly. I’ve pinched it and it hurt but it feels a bit odd. I’m in hospital with my sick daughter and anxiety going crazy

Clydesdale Epona
21-11-17, 14:38
Hi :)

Anxiety could well be causing this, you'll be surprised what symptoms high anxiety can actually give us. if it hurts when you pinch it then you can feel it :) but if it continues then you can always consult someone but I feel myself that it is all due to anxieties sick games x

Best wishes :hugs:

Towelie
21-11-17, 15:54
Anxiety definitely effects the nervous system. I'm currently getting pins and needles and numbness in my arms. Going to see the doctor just in case, but for now I'm staying positive and telling myself it's anxiety. I feel it's a good sign when your symptoms let up after you start convincing yourself you're not dying.

Chlobo
24-11-17, 18:05
When my hands get cold if I’m walking outside and come in from the cold my thumbs are so stiff, they struggle to type on my phone. When they warm up they feel better. Is this normal?

Fishmanpa
24-11-17, 18:15
Really? :huh: C'mon Cloe... you know better :lac:

Positive thoughts

Chlobo
24-11-17, 18:27
It really freaks me out. I don’t remember ever having it before. I don’t always think they have got overly cold either

Chlobo
26-11-17, 09:16
I just self tested by touching each finger with my thumb, to test coordination: well I messed it up a couple times and touched the wrong finger to my thumb. Now I’m panicking. The faster I do it the harder it actually is. I’m not sure ignoring that’s normal. But now I’m shaking and getting hot flushes because of panic

---------- Post added at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

I’m not sure that’s normal that was meant to say

Clydesdale Epona
26-11-17, 11:09
Hi Chlobo :)

I mess up on finger tests all the time :roflmao:
the faster you can the harder it will always be, I've often found its something I simply can't do but my sense of coordination is still great and so is my sense of balance :)

all it means is i'm not great at playing drums(and that does make me pretty sad, not because I really wanted to be a famous drummer but because as soon as I found I couldn't I got disappointed :roflmao:)

I wouldn't worry about it, that doesn't always mean something is wrong, you'll be okay x

Best wishes :hugs:

Shanooky
29-11-17, 20:05
Hi everyone , I’ve been suffering really badly lately with what I thought was called jelly legs, my right leg goes first then the left one cant hold me up so I end up on the floor. I have a lot of stresses in my life and I suffer terrible with GAD, hate the panic attacks. Ive been on meds for 2 years or more, my bloods have been tested and they are ok. I’m going Friday for the circulation test on my legs but I don’t think they will find anything. I’m on 150 trazodone and clanazapam but I’ve been on these for ages now. Miss a pill or 2 sometimes which I know isn’t good, I guess I’m just asking does anyone else have this leg problem cause its scaring the life out of me, especially when I’m out and having to use stairs, i live in a 3 storey house and I’ve fallen down the stairs so many times. Thank you for listening

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Ive just started to read the CBT on here and there it was, jelly legs, seems like my body is going into the flight or fight mode, anxiety and panic come out all different ways, I’m always suffering with pain in my legs, probably panic as well then i guess, Grief, wish it would just go away and leave me alone .......... please

atl
30-11-17, 05:00
I went to the doctors loads and she said the same as your doctor, she tested my strength too. I can’t even count how many times I went to her about the same thing for reassurance and eventually it went away but now it’s back!

Do you find that it’s all you can think about and focus on? Like there’s nothing else you can do to truely distract yourself from it. All day I’m focusing on it and waiting for it to buckle or if I stumble I panic and think it’s the start of losing function. I can’t get my thoughts under control

Yeah I felt like any more than my 2 doctor trips were just going to be a waste of time and money and an exercise in reassurance. Yes when I am deep in the HA, or any obsession, I find that I can hardly focus on anything else. It's the first thing I think about when I wake up, last thing when I got to bed, and most of the time in between.

Chlobo
03-01-18, 10:29
I’m moving my fingers up and down, (the finger next to my thumb) and the right one moves faster than the left and the left finger tires fast and feels strange.
I’m not sure if this is even a test for neurological nasties but I’m worried all the same. Has anyone got any insight? I’m in a bit of a spin

CG5246
03-01-18, 10:41
I’m moving my fingers up and down, (the finger next to my thumb) and the right one moves faster than the left and the left finger tires fast and feels strange.
I’m not sure if this is even a test for neurological nasties but I’m worried all the same. Has anyone got any insight? I’m in a bit of a spin

Hi there, I've been in an awful anxiety spiral these past few months and am now just starting to get out of it and feel better. What I can tell you is that there was a point in my spiral that I started paying REALLY close attention to everything with my body, including my arms, hands, and fingers.

I had perceived weakness in my left hand/fingers, and then perceived weakness on the other side a couple weeks later. Guess what happened once I stopped paying so much attention to my hands and fingers? They stopped feeling that way.

I'm sure that it's all in your head, AKA anxiety :)

Annaboodle
03-01-18, 10:56
Are you right handed?

Chlobo
03-01-18, 10:58
I am right handed, I hope that’s all it is. I’m so worried all the time about my coordination and weakness I’m just focusing on everything. Though my finger does definitely move slower on the left hand when I’m wiggling it

Annaboodle
03-01-18, 11:08
I would say it's definitely just that. I just tried it and mines the same. I'm right handed too. My left feels slower and more difficult.

Chlobo
03-01-18, 11:13
Thanks annaboodle, I’m still so worried. Convinced these things are just creeping up on me ready to blow a massive bomb through my whole life and my kids lives.
I’m so sick of the fear

Fishmanpa
03-01-18, 12:43

Why are you doing this knowing it doesn't indicate anything? Cloe, you're looking for something to worry about here.

Positive thoughts

melfish
03-01-18, 18:08
Why are you doing this knowing it doesn't indicate anything? Cloe, you're looking for something to worry about here.

Positive thoughts

I'll tell you why. Because likely the OP has read a notorious article on the internet (or its spawn) where a neuro self-diagnosed ALS after a finger-tapping test, which he outlined in needless detail. One hand was faster. This article, of course, spurred mass hysteria and a plague of finger tapping across the HA world.

I refuse to partake because - DUH - of course your dominant hand is going to be faster and stronger. I used to play the piano, and it's a pain to bring the less dexterous hand up to speed when you're doing scales and arpeggios

Chlobo
05-01-18, 08:58
Thanks for the tough love guys. It’s what I need right now. The anxiety has eased. Thank you

Chlobo
19-01-18, 13:12
I’m really struggling today. From early morning my legs and arms have felt like lead, my legs feel like dead weights and like jelly. I’m trying to tell myself it’s anxiety but the fingers on my left hand feel stiff and my thumb. I’m at home with my three small kids and I’m trying to focus on other things but my mind is shouting brain tumor and I keep thinking my legs are going to fail me, they sure feel that way. Anyone can relate or help please

axolotl
19-01-18, 13:20
Why would a brain tumour cause stiff fingers?

You're literally adding an arbitrary deadly disease to random symptoms there.

Chlobo
19-01-18, 13:25
More so the fact they feel stuff and uncoordinated, also I ran in from putting my daughter into her car seat and my legs felt horrible when I ran, so weak and like jelly. I just want to sit on the sofa and not walk about because it’s making me so anxious

axolotl
19-01-18, 15:13
More so the fact they feel stuff and uncoordinated, also I ran in from putting my daughter into her car seat and my legs felt horrible when I ran, so weak and like jelly. I just want to sit on the sofa and not walk about because it’s making me so anxious

You're describing anxiety symptoms, really not sure why you think they have anything to do with BTs.

Annaboodle
19-01-18, 16:34
Hi Chloe, the jelly legs thing I have had really badly with anxiety. One time I couldn't walk down stairs in a shopping centre because I felt my legs were going to give out. The "thick fingers" thing (I call it) is also a definite anxiety symptom unfortunately. You feel uncoordinated and slow and heavy with it like you can't grip things. Like Axolotl says, honestly these are anxiety symptoms.

Fishmanpa
19-01-18, 16:38
You're describing anxiety symptoms, really not sure why you think they have anything to do with BTs.

That's Chloe's fear du jour :weep:

Positive thoughts

Carys
19-01-18, 16:40
Brain tumours don't just come on one morning and create symptoms like these, and not even these symptoms even if they did. :D

These are not neurological symptoms, you don't have an organic disorder of nerves or the nervous system.

Elen
19-01-18, 16:46
Hi

Elen

Elen
19-01-18, 16:47
Hi

Elen

unicorndusy
19-01-18, 18:55
Hey there,

With a brain tumour you would be so so ill by now, it's all down to your anxiety I'm sure. Stay positive