PDA

View Full Version : FOBT negative but can see blood

Ocaron
19-01-18, 15:09
Well it started last month seen blood in the toilet after a BM went doctors got the old check said couldn't feel anything but gave me some things for hemmorhoids, bleeding stopped for a month until 2 weeks ago seeing bright red blood on the toilet paper just little dots none on the stool so I decided to buy some of these FOBT tests at home done 4 all negative for blood but I see if clearly on the toilet paper? Should I go back and ask for further testing?

wilky44
19-01-18, 15:14
No. You have external heamorroids. Hence why you see blood when you wipe and not in your stool

Ocaron
19-01-18, 15:17
No. You have external heamorroids. Hence why you see blood when you wipe and not in your stool

Doctor couldn't see/feel any heamorroids what so ever

wilky44
19-01-18, 15:28
So why the cream (I'm guessing that's what it was) if he couldn't see anything?

Ocaron
19-01-18, 15:44
So why the cream (I'm guessing that's what it was) if he couldn't see anything?

It was a suppository for a month dunno why he just said it's early to be ordering a scan

Fishmanpa
19-01-18, 15:52
It was a suppository for a month dunno why he just said it's early to be ordering a scan

Internal hemmies or a fissure.... That explains it.

Positive thoughts

countrygirl
19-01-18, 18:32
You can get very tiny splits in the skin around your anus that bleed when rubbed with toilet paper. Sometimes they can be slightly sore but nothing at all to see on examination.
As the blood is bright red and nothing in stool then problem is almost certainly external.

Ocaron
19-01-18, 22:51
You can get very tiny splits in the skin around your anus that bleed when rubbed with toilet paper. Sometimes they can be slightly sore but nothing at all to see on examination.
As the blood is bright red and nothing in stool then problem is almost certainly external.

Funny enough I decided to have a look down there and it seems I have this tiny cracks on the skin around there !? Is there anything to stop these as it must be these that keep opening and bleeding

Fishmanpa
19-01-18, 23:15
Hey Ocaron, what did you do today?

Funny enough I decided to have a look down there...

TMI! :ohmy: Find anything interesting?

it seems I have this tiny cracks on the skin around there !?

So the doctor was right! :yesyes:

Is there anything to stop these as it must be these that keep opening and bleeding

Use the meds the doctor gave you and leave Uranus alone :D

Positive thoughts and poo threads

Ocaron
20-01-18, 00:12
Hey Ocaron, what did you do today?

TMI! :ohmy: Find anything interesting?

So the doctor was right! :yesyes:

Use the meds the doctor gave you and leave Uranus alone :D

Positive thoughts and poo threads

It's been a productive day 😂

Well doctor said he couldn't see anything though I don't get it 🙄

nomorepanic
20-01-18, 00:42
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.