PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be rational

bingjam
19-01-18, 22:18
Ok so....

I’ve just been moisturising after my shower and on my leg there was like a scab with red around it. I picked and it come off but now I’m thinking what if it was a mole and I’ve picked it off??? It didn’t even bleed so now I’m thinking ya a bad mole that I picked off. It Came away quite easily too.....

So could this have been skin cancer and I’ve just picked it off

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Just to add it looked black too and it wasn’t very big

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Now it feels like a little lump there now where it was. Also it hasn’t bled

Catherine S
19-01-18, 22:24
Bingjam, how would anybody here really know what it is? If it's worrying you why not just ask somebody in real life to take a look at it. I've got, and have had, various blemishes and moles some dry and flaky, others smooth, but that doesn't mean I can tell you what yours was.

Cath ☺

bingjam
19-01-18, 22:27
The things is it’s not there anymore. Like I did one little scratch and it disappeared. Just freaked me out cause not sure if I ever had a little mole there or not and just thought it was a little scab

Catherine S
19-01-18, 22:34
It doesn't sound like anything sinister to be honest, but we'd only be guessing.

Cath ☺

MyNameIsTerry
20-01-18, 02:29
If it was a raised mole it would still be a mole wouldn't it? Therefore not just the underside of a scab.

If it was skin cancer, it really wouldn't just come off like that. My dad had a form of skin cancer on his nose which he thought was a sore and he picked at it for many months before going to a GP. It didn't ever get better, only worse. That and the fact it looked more like an ulcer than a scab anyway.

Even if a mole was picked off, it's not something to worry about. I've been a skin picker since childhood and scabs near moles were enlarged by picking and now the moles are different shapes purely because of that yet the skin underneath has healed perfectly. And I suspect many a mole is damaged by the things we do throughout our lives without anything ever coming from it e.g. sports, injuries, accidents, etc.

WiseMonkey
20-01-18, 07:48
Hi,

It sounds just like what my partner had, it was a dermatitis condition, he had it on both legs at the same time!

Definitely NOT a mole or skin cancer :)

bingjam
21-01-18, 18:06
Thank you for the replies. Alls that is there now is a red dot.