PDA

View Full Version : In A Bad Way Right Now

chrismikayla
19-01-18, 23:49
Hello All. I have struggled the past few years with depression and anxiety leading to horrible panic attacks. I’ve been to the ER six times in eighteen months because I think I’m having a heart attack and I’m fixated on this fear of something being wrong with my heart. I have the chest and back discomfort, nauseas, arm pain, and feeling like I’m about to pass out which is the scariest. I took some Gava and St Johns Wort and it triggered something awful with my anxiety today and I’ve had multiple attacks today at home and at work. I’ve been googling symptoms which I now know is a big no no. It landed me here at the ER again and once again my EKG, blood work, and X-rays all were good. They even left me on the EKG monitor for several hours. I just want to beat this anxiety and it’s hard to grasp that my mind can cause these physical symptoms and that I am not physically “sick”. I look forward to talking with you all to see what’s worked and to know I’m not alone.

venusbluejeans
19-01-18, 23:58
Hiya chrismikayla and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

swgrl09
20-01-18, 00:06
Hi and welcome :) I'm sorry you have been going through such a hard time. I think you will find lots of people here who have heart fears. Have you sought out any help for your anxiety?

chrismikayla
20-01-18, 00:51
Hi and welcome :) I'm sorry you have been going through such a hard time. I think you will find lots of people here who have heart fears. Have you sought out any help for your anxiety?

I’ve taken St Johns Wort and had a horrible panic day afterwards. Same with 0.25 mg of Xanax. I took two in a day and felt extreme groggy and out of it.

swgrl09
20-01-18, 03:22
How about any therapy?

chrismikayla
20-01-18, 13:10
How about any therapy?

Not yet but I’ve been considering it along with diet and lifestyle changes in lieu of medication.

Bigboyuk
20-01-18, 13:18
Not yet but I’ve been considering it along with diet and lifestyle changes in lieu of medication. WTG mate it could really help you :) Well done for identifying this, and welcome aboard ;) ATB

swgrl09
20-01-18, 13:18
Sounds like a great lifestyle change. I hope you find somebody who you connect with!

Confetti
22-01-18, 06:13
It is most unfortunate that you are hounded by such a nasty fear, I am glad you have had yourself checked out and been given the all clear, this does not dissolve the seed but it is something positive that you can see in the black clouds, I hope you are receiving the correct support on the mental side that can help lessen the thickness of those clouds.