PDA

View Full Version : Needing some support

tan235
20-01-18, 05:14
HI All,
I'm needing some good encouragement and support. I"m terrified of taking antibiotics and now I have to take 2 becuase I have H pylori. I'm really not wanting to take them and it's a 7 day course. I will go and sit outside the hospital and take my next dose, but what can I do? Do you guys suffer badly with taking antibiotics and what do you do??

I'm a mess, these antibiotics have terrible side effects as well, this is only my second dose I'm going to take soon so we will see I guess... but so scared.

mich1
20-01-18, 06:11
HI All,

I'm needing some good encouragement and support. I"m terrified of taking antibiotics and now I have to take 2 becuase I have H pylori. I'm really not wanting to take them and it's a 7 day course. I will go and sit outside the hospital and take my next dose, but what can I do? Do you guys suffer badly with taking antibiotics and what do you do??

I'm a mess, these antibiotics have terrible side effects as well, this is only my second dose I'm going to take soon so we will see I guess... but so scared.

I feel for you very much. I totally know the fear you're experiencing but for different reasons. All I can say is please find a way to take them as I would guess that not taking them would be worse for you than taking them.

My dad doesn't like taking meds but he had this infection that wouldn't shift. Finally, strong antibiotics did the trick, the lesser of two evils I promise you!

I know how difficult it can be to feel reassured by what feels like just words from someone who is not going through what you're going through but please take them, this will pass and with it, the h pylori!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tan235
20-01-18, 07:23
Thank you ... I"m going to the hospital to take it - will sit outside in my car. I'm really not happy about taking this drugs but I guess, you're right, if it means getting rid of HPylori then so be it - I never want this stomach bacteria again.

---------- Post added at 07:23 ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 ----------

So here I am - sitting outside the hospital in my car, ti's been 30 minutes since I've taken both doses so I'm guess I'm in the clear for an immediate reaction, my heart is beating super fast though - about 100 bpm - is this the anxiety or the med - you see how would I know which one it was!! Anway i'm about to drive away and go get a hot chocolate, maybe that might make my heart beat faster actually ... how am I going to survive 6 more days! If this doesn't clear the infection then i'm just going to live with it, ulcer and cancer risk attached!!

Fishmanpa
20-01-18, 12:45
Take the meds Tan! Before we married, my wife had H Pylori and it resulted in ulcers and bleeding. She was a very sick woman. At worst, a few unpleasant side effects is much better than what she went through.

Positive thoughts