PDA

View Full Version : Real symptom meets unreal anxiety

RestLessPTe
20-01-18, 10:52
So I recently found out that something I've experienced has a name and that, while not necessarily serious, is at least worth checking in with a doctor. Its called Pulsitive Tinnitus. It essentially means that sometimes I can hear blood whooshing past my ear. A quick google with lead you to all kinds of fun (as it always does).

What i find funny is how predictable my health anxiety can be. Although I still suffer from it I can still sit back and laugh at it too.

I learned about it last Wednesday, and like a normal person I scheduled a normal appointment with my doctor. It's this Monday.

Yet "miraculously" since learning about it I'm feeling all these tingly sensations in my left temple. Maybe it's a tumor, whispers health anxiety. Or an anuresym! Yes, amazing how that works. I've lived over 2 years with this symptom and have had no complaints yet magically days after I learn more about it I'm experiencing all these "symptoms" of things I've read about.

I'm on to you health anxiety....

Alowen
20-01-18, 12:56
The same thing happens to me too. I remember when I had HA about brain tumors when my grandfather died and I developed dizziness for no reason, started imagining tinnitus and I also had an almost constant splitting headache (Thanks HA.). I went to the doctor about 3 times about it and he had to keep telling me that I didn't have a brain tumor.

At least you're getting it checked so you can put your mind at rest.

EmmerLooeez
20-01-18, 13:14
Oh bless you. Well it sounds like you have a good grip on things at the moment and whilst you are worried you are being logical! So that's great.

I too get the whooshing/blood sound in my ears sometimes, I didn't know that it wasn't normal! xx