PDA

View Full Version : Bone cancer worry

Panic1971
30-06-07, 12:02
I am having a bad time at the moment. I think I have bone cancer. I have been getting really bad pains in both my legs. I can get it in the top of both legs and then sometimes at the bottom.
When I sit down and then have to stand up - it is really sore and achey and I end up having to walk like an old age pensioner. The pelvic area is really sore too. I sometimes get a really bad ache at the bottom of my back. It is really hard to explain - it sometimes feels like you have been sitting on your legs for absolutely ages and then stand up and it really aches because the blood hasnt been circulating in that area - although I havent been sitting like that.

Could it be bone cancer - I am so scared???

I really want to go to the doctors - but feel he doesnt take me seriously because I have been many times before with different things - and my notes mention anxiety - so I believe that he things everything that is wrong with me is anxiety. I dont know what to do.

I do carry alot of tension on my shoulders and neck - as they feel tense 24/7 - could be something to do with that???

Please, please help :weep:

boy
30-06-07, 19:44
I'm afraid don't know what it could be so I won't put ideas into your head (though I doubt it's anything serious) but I doubt it's bone cancer. To be hurting in differing places in BOTH legs sounds uncharacteristic to me.

Ok one suggestion - rheumatism? My mum gets it. WOn't kill you, nothing more than a pain.

Oh and I had a really bad back ache last week that lasted about 3 days, Made me feel like an old man every time I had to go "oo me back!" and carefully get up and stuff.

Blackstar
02-07-07, 16:34
Hi Panic,

I too sometimes have pains that run up and down my legs and for me it is due to nerves being squished by tense muscles. It got so bad once I went to an emergency GP appointment thinking I was going to be paralysed. However, she did lots of simple tests and everything was alright.

I also agree with Boy - if it is both legs, and not confined to one particular area, cancer doesn't sound likely (symptoms of bone cancer can be swelling as well as pain).

It could be that muscle tension is causing lower back pain which is then reflected down your legs (sciatica or similar). Lots of people experience this and it usually settles down. Check your mattress is decent, and your workstation if you use computers as these can affect your posture and therefore your back.

Perhaps a discussion with an osteopath, physio or even acupuncturist might help.

Good luck!

x

Panic1971
02-07-07, 17:17
Thanks for the replies.

It is just so frightening. I have a big fear of cancer or any other life threatening condition and any new pain/ache etc makes me think the worse.

I am going to see how it goes - and maybe make an appointment with my doctor. I am going to see a councillor on friday - so will maybe mention it to her.

Thanks once again.

celestial
02-07-07, 17:46
Just wanted to say good luck...there is nothing from your post that would immediately make me worry about cancer, but I'm the same about my health so I can quite honestly tell you that getting it checked out is the best thing you can do. If your doctor isn't that understanding, is there any chance of seeing a different one? You may find the anxiety thing is to your advantage, as has been the case for me.

I'm very lucky in that I have a dr who (mainly BECAUSE of my anxiety record) will test me straight away for anything I worry about - not because he ever thinks I'm ill, but because he knows it'll put my mind at rest. I was convinced I had leukemia when I had a swollen lymph gland, but it turned out to be nothing. All I can say now is I wish I went for a blood test immediately rather than waiting two months out of worry.

Hope it goes well.

kittykat
03-07-07, 00:02
Hi there,

I can relate from where u r coming from, I am seeing the physio for back probs at the moment which i have suffered on and off for 2/3 yrs, I was convinced I had something sinister like cancer or a tumour ,some of my symptoms were similar to yours. It actually turned out that my pelvis had moved and it had to get manipulated back into position.
It gave me a lot of sciatic pain due to the pelvis pressing on the nerves. So it is worth getting it checked out , and relax because your defo not suffering from bone cancer, I was so relieved when i knew it wasn't in my imagination as im sure my doctor thought it was!!
Hope you feel better soon and take care .

shirley xx