PDA

View Full Version : Ignore thread

Phuzella
20-01-18, 13:35
Is it possible to ignore a thread?

MyNameIsTerry
20-01-18, 13:46
I'm not going to ignore you, Phuzella :flowers:

Afraid not, it's come up before. You can ignore a member and everything they post won't show but their name will with an option to view it. It blocks them from PMing you too.

You can customise your view to remove a whole board. So, if it's perhaps a thread on a board you can live without for a bit until it moves down or people stop commenting you could do this.

That's all there was last time this came up.

Phuzella
20-01-18, 14:18
Thanks Terry :)

Bigboyuk
20-01-18, 14:35
Yes in a word you can, simply by (if you receive email notifcations) simply click the unsubscribe me link in the notification unsubscribe this thread and there's another link unsubscribe from ALL threads. and by visiting a unsubscribed thread will automatically subscribe you again HTH ATB

nomorepanic
20-01-18, 15:03
Subscribing to a thread just means that it emails you (if you choose) when there are updates on it.

Unsubscribing will just not email you about it but that doesn't mean you can't still see the thread.

Bigboyuk
20-01-18, 15:09
Sure Is there way to block your self when going in a thread you wish to ignore, don't think there is but I may be wrong :) ATB

nomorepanic
20-01-18, 15:10
No you can't block threads just whole forums/sub-forums. So you could, for example, block seeing the whole HA forum if that was a trigger for you.

Bigboyuk
20-01-18, 15:14
No you can't block threads just whole forums/sub-forums. So you could, for example, block seeing the whole HA forum if that was a trigger for you.Ahh ok would it be possible in the future to able to block individual threads within a forum? Thx ATB

nomorepanic
20-01-18, 16:39
Probably not on this version of VBulletin. Not sure when we are going to upgrade and it may be an add-on in future versions but not sure.

Bigboyuk
20-01-18, 16:49
Probably not on this version of VBulletin. Not sure when we are going to upgrade and it may be an add-on in future versions but not sure. Thx Nic :)