PDA

View Full Version : Diet Fears

in-love-but-im-lazy
20-01-18, 21:37
Hi all, I've been having a bit of a diet issue lately.
I have this intense obsession that I am not eating enough. I have always eaten small portions because I have a small apetite, and I have always maintained a healthy weight for my age & height. However, I've convinced myself that I'm going to pass out as a result of not eating enough and I have this crazy fear of becoming malnourished. It gets to the point where I'm constantly shoving graham crackers into my face so I don't pass out. I don't eat many vegetables or meat so I'm trying to find ways to improve my diet. Can anyone experienced with nutrition give me some tips for combatting this fear and for eating healthier?

nomorepanic
20-01-18, 21:39
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

WiredIncorrectly
20-01-18, 22:09
Have you ever totalled the calories of the foods/portions you eat? Provided you're getting close to the recommended daily intake for your hight/weight/age etc then you have nothing to worry about.

vicky23
22-01-18, 13:48
Hi,
well I'm not experienced in nutrition but I do have an interest in it and have similar fears so I could maybe help a bit hopefully.
I think eating 6 small meals is a good idea, but it obviously depends on your work schedule and the type of job you do as to whether you can fit these in.
If you don't eat much meat you need to make sure you're getting enough protein. You'll get this from things like fish, eggs, dairy, beans, pulses and nuts.
I also carry crackers at work to nibble on if I feel like I need some fuel but I add on some peanut butter for a bit of added protein.
Have you tried smoothies? They're a really nice way of adding in fruit and veg, if you google smoothie recipes you'll find loads of inspiration.
Best wishes
X