PDA

View Full Version : Eustachian tube dysfunction

DaveCH
21-01-18, 15:57
About a month ago i really didnt feel well and the gp checked my ears and they where bunged full off mucus. I have had two doses of antibiotics and saw a different gp last week who said my right ear in particular is full off mucus/liquid in the inner ear. Gave me a spray and says it can take two months to clear. Has anyone suffered from this and felt a little dizzy when moving there head. I also have tension headache my shoulders and neck are really tight and when i touch there i get the pain above my eyes. The dizzy feeling had me worried its a brain tumour and worryimg about causing tension headache is probably making it worse. In a quiet room my right ear sounds like your ear does after being in a nightclub if that makes sense

cattia
21-01-18, 17:53
Yes, I had this last year and was totally freaked out by it because it gave me horrible feelings of depersonalisation, like I was seeing and hearing everything from underwater. I had my ears syringed that that helped a lot, I think getting rid of the ea wax made my hearing clearer and reduced my anxiety a bit. I still have fluid in my ears now but it is much better than it was and doesn't bother me much most of the time now.

DaveCH
21-01-18, 17:58
Yes, I had this last year and was totally freaked out by it because it gave me horrible feelings of depersonalisation, like I was seeing and hearing everything from underwater. I had my ears syringed that that helped a lot, I think getting rid of the ea wax made my hearing clearer and reduced my anxiety a bit. I still have fluid in my ears now but it is much better than it was and doesn't bother me much most of the time now.
Did you get any lightheaded dizzy spells when you moved your head etc

cattia
21-01-18, 18:38
Yes, but i get that with anxiety and with sinus issues too so not sure whether it was related to the eustacian tube dysfunction or not.

golddustgirl1000
22-01-18, 01:33
We are on the same page! Every year this time of year, I get veritgo, blurred vision ( shifting vision) and dry eyes this time of year on one side.. Now I'm experiencing cracking in my ear with some throbbing ( feels like pulsing) shoulder pain, and feelings of unsteyness... i worry its a tumor too...

I've been tested for allergies.. apparently I'm allergic to the mold thats in mulch.. at our aparments, we have to grass... only mulch... bingo... but look at me now.. on here.. reading your post.. because I too worrry about the same thing... every year...

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Not sure where my post went...

Anyway...I have been getting this for 3 years, feelings of shifting vision, blurred vision, dry eye, vertigo, cracking in ears, fullness in ear, tingling on scalp, pain in neck, throbbing I feels like pulsing above ears)... I get it this time of year every year.. and yes i too worry its the same thing..

Came to find out I have allergies to the mold thats in mulch.. No grass at my apartment.. only mold, and I think its made bad during our wet season which is the winter... bingo right? No... I too am on here thinking its a tumor.. so I feel you... it sucks.