PDA

View Full Version : Bed bugs worry

phil06
21-01-18, 18:03
I stay at a hotel tomorrow and one review said they had two swollen lumps and it could have been bed bugs. I read you have to throw all your clothes away so this is a worry anytime I stay at a hotel.

Had about 200 good reviews however what if there’s bed bugs? I believe you can notice them on the mattress?

I read someone for bedbugs from British Airways plane too so this worries me. :ohmy:

Confetti
22-01-18, 06:08
I don't worry myself about bed bugs much, I have had countless gigantic arachnids plonk themselves right on my pillow in this place, you can see their excuses for mouths wafting around and their many watchful eyes attempting to analyze you, that's what I consider problematic when it comes to bed bugs, the other things, yeah I've had little bugs drop onto books I'm reading, I just throw them off, can't sterilize the whole bed without ruining it and you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get ill from a bite off one if you're not traveling to dodgy countries you're not innoculated right for.

phil06
22-01-18, 10:35
So should I worry?

Lucinda07
22-01-18, 11:42
NO! The swollen lumps could have been an ingrowing hair, a gnat - anything.
British Airways only had bed bugs in 1st class & have now had to thoroughly revise their procedures.
You seem to just have a little holiday angst.
All will be well. Trust me ...:D

axolotl
22-01-18, 11:44
Don't fall for the one bad review on Trip Advisor. For all you know it's someone who had an argument with the concierge earlier in the day and wants to damage business.

Also how would they know it was bedbugs? A couple of insect bites could be anything, they could have had a couple of mozzies bite them during the day or even just a couple of random spots.

And what if there were bedbugs? You may get a couple of bites but it's certainly wouldn't be anything to worry about.

phil06
22-01-18, 12:26
Don't fall for the one bad review on Trip Advisor. For all you know it's someone who had an argument with the concierge earlier in the day and wants to damage business.

Also how would they know it was bedbugs? A couple of insect bites could be anything, they could have had a couple of mozzies bite them during the day or even just a couple of random spots.

And what if there were bedbugs? You may get a couple of bites but it's certainly wouldn't be anything to worry about.

Yes I just worry that you have to throw stuff away as I read they would come into your house if you don’t.

axolotl
22-01-18, 13:10
Yes I just worry that you have to throw stuff away as I read they would come into your house if you don’t.

Someone went to a hotel, had a couple of bites while on holiday, and put two-and-two together and came up with bedbugs. Maybe it was even someone who comes to this kind of forum :roflmao:

Even if they were right (and I bet they weren't) if a hotel had became aware they had bedbugs they would do something about it long before you went there, especially if it's one that's run well enough to garner 200 positive reviews.

Try and put it out of your mind and enjoy your holiday. :yesyes: