PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Tapeworms

stressedanxious
21-01-18, 20:06
Okay so like 6 years ago my ex bf and I decided to make our own sushi.

We bought crab (imitation ) and cream cheese and then we got salmon from Walmart.

Well, I think I remember eating a couple of bites from the raw salmon.

Now I’m scared what if I have a huge 6 foot tape worm in my stomach ?

I’m very scared, and I feel like sometimes I feel little kicks in my stomach.

What symptoms would I have ? I heard that there is no symptoms for a long time now I’m very worried and freaking out .

axolotl
21-01-18, 20:12
Your post history shows a long line of irrational fears.

Ask yourself why this one is likely to be any more real than the countless other ones you've had and that have come to nothing?

stressedanxious
21-01-18, 20:13
Yes I understand what you mean. But I’m just so freakin scared :(

axolotl
21-01-18, 20:16
But I’m just so freakin scared :(

Which is the problem, not tapeworms or anything you've previously posted about.

What help are you getting for your health anxiety?

stressedanxious
21-01-18, 20:19
Is there anyone out there that knows if I should be /
Worried ?

axolotl
21-01-18, 20:20
Worried ?

You've basically just said to me:

"I see you trying to engage in a helpful conversation about anxiety on an anxiety forum but, yeah, no thanks. Tapeworms?! Anybody?!".

Won't bother again. You need to start engaging in the root of your problems, not chasing ever daft thought your anxiety pops in your head.

stressedanxious
21-01-18, 20:25
This is the hypochondria section. And thanks for your advice but I’m talking talking to a therapist so it didn’t seem helpful to me, you don’t need to waste your time posting to my things. Thanks anyway.

I want to know if I need to be worried about tapeworms if it’s been almost 7 years since I’ve had raw salmon from walmart. Like does anyone have any experience with this or know what symptoms I should be looking out for? Please I’m worried :(

graham58
21-01-18, 20:26
Worried ?

I'm not an expert but most fish you can buy in the US is frozen (which kills tapeworm larvae) and cooking kills them too. So it's unlikely you'll have them but if it worries you, eat cooked fish rather than raw fish in future.

"During commercial freezing fish is frozen solid at a temperature of -35°F and stored at this temperature or below for a minimum of 15 hours to kill parasites."

https://www.seafoodhealthfacts.org/seafood-safety/general-information-patients-and-consumers/seafood-safety-topics/parasites

axolotl
21-01-18, 20:27
This is the hypochondria section. And thanks for your advice but I’m talking talking to a therapist so it didn’t seem helpful to me, you don’t need to waste your time posting to my things.

It's the section on helping people with hypochondria, not help people feed their dragon by indulging every thing their anxiety pops in their heads. But you're right, no point wasting time.

stressedanxious
21-01-18, 20:30
I haven’t ate sushi in 4 years because I’ve had babies And I didn’t crave it or want sushi. But I’m worried about 6 years ago because we bought the sushi raw from Walmart and we didn’t know you couldn’t eat it raw because we just didn’t think anything of it. I don’t think I ate much.

I’m just scared of having a huge tapeworm in my stomach or something . Ugh.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

I don’t eat anything raw anymore . I just worry sbou the past

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

It's the section on helping people with hypochondria, not help people feed their dragon by indulging every thing their anxiety pops in their heads. But you're right, no point wasting time.

:okay:

Bastett
21-01-18, 20:33
I eat raw salmon like every month... sometimes even a couple of times a month. I don't have any worms inside of me.

melfish
21-01-18, 20:56
I've eaten sushi regularly for decades and I don't have a tapeworm. Even if I did, they are easily dealt with. Does this fear, by chance, have anything to do with a certain recent news report?

stressedanxious
21-01-18, 22:52
I’m worried cause we made it ourselves :(
And yes it does have to do with the news report
It’s freakin this guy had like a 5 foot thing inside
Him. Then I remembered the time I made my own sushi. With my ex bf like so dumb of me

wilky44
21-01-18, 22:57
So one person out of millions.

This was 7 years ago, absolutely crazy thinking.

Fishmanpa
21-01-18, 23:45
Okay so like 6 years ago my ex bf and I decided to make our own sushi.

We bought crab (imitation ) and cream cheese and then we got salmon from Walmart.

Well, I think I remember eating a couple of bites from the raw salmon.

Now I’m scared what if I have a huge 6 foot tape worm in my stomach ?

I’m very scared, and I feel like sometimes I feel little kicks in my stomach.

Somebody was reading the news ;)

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
22-01-18, 00:16
How can you think after this long you have a problem?

Fishmanpa
22-01-18, 00:24
How can you think after this long you have a problem?

There was a news story about a 5ft tapeworm that came out of a guy after he ate sushi. Based on that and the OP's history, this is a typical HA connection the dragon causes to justify the irrationality.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
22-01-18, 00:29
Don't read the news then!

tryingtosurvive1
22-01-18, 06:14
man, i was tempted to google for a minute.
OP-I really don't think you have a tapeworm.

stressedanxious
26-01-18, 03:04
Hope not