PDA

View Full Version : Help is this really anxiety?

mrsdmilkman
22-01-18, 18:38
I wake up every morning with extreme nausea. I have air hunger. My heart races after I eat. Especially when standing. I have stomach and digestive issues. Bloating , gas, weird bms etc. I feel scared. Anyone else doing this? Is it anxiety? . (I haven't done anything but sit on couch for months, so very inactive). Btw my hubby is having the stomach issues too. He's very stressed over my anxiety...if that's what it is.

worrywart29
22-01-18, 19:03
Sound like you have acid relux. Yours may be the silent version if it called LPR. This type doesn’t present with the reflux of acid. I have the exact same thing. The racing heart rate and palpitations after eating, and it increase upon standing. I have acid reflux and my symptoms come from that. Stomach issues can trigger the vagus nerve and that causes the racing heart and palpitations. Although it affect the heart rate it’s not a heart related issue. If you get your stomach issues in order it will stop the racing heart.

katielovespizza
22-01-18, 19:26
Stomach issues are my number one anxiety symptom. You'd be surprised how much your mind can affect your body. The heart racing and air hunger are all things I've experienced as well. I'd get the possibility of acid reflux checked out, but I have all similar things and got checked out and do not have acid reflux, just anxiety. Once I got my anxiety more under control (this does take time and persistent effort), I could sleep better and didn't wake up with extreme nausea and didn't have the air hunger, heart racing, bloating, gas, or weird bms anymore. These symptoms do return though if I get particularly anxious again.

london28
22-01-18, 21:23
acid reflux symtoms cause anxiety too