PDA

View Full Version : I'm afraid of having stomach cancer. Please help

Moso13
23-01-18, 00:26
For about 2 weeks, ever since I went back to college from winter break, my stomach has been upset (and my stomach doesn't really usually hurt unless im on my period) and i've been having trouble making a bowel movement. The pain isnt cramps, its more of a dull achey burning(not really burning, but I don't know how to describe it. My throats been a little weird and Ive been burping a little, maybe twice a day and I dont usually. I looked it up online and it says those are signs of stomach cancer. So I made an appointment at my health center, but Im still scared. And also I started spotting red blood during the weekend even though my period isnt suppose to start till wednesday( im on the pill). Although today i am feeling quite better actually had a good bowel movement and my stomach hasn't really hurt until I ate dinner. Does this sound like stomach cancer, please help Im scared.

nomorepanic
23-01-18, 00:30
Nope it doesn't at all.

It sounds like constipation and maybe acid indigestion/reflux

I am not medically qualified though so you do need to see a doctor

WiseMonkey
23-01-18, 00:36
Hi,

Your symptoms sound like gerd (gastric reflux), not stomach cancer. You may possibly have an ulcer, so ask your Dr for an H-Pylori test (Helicobacter Pylori). This is a bacterium which can cause digestive issues and upset stomach. It can be easily eradicated with treatment.

You're at college so I presume you're young and young people don't get stomach cancer.

ps. burping is normal, my daughter and I burp about 30x per day !!