PDA

View Full Version : Momma's

skaaix
23-01-18, 01:57
Just curious to see how alone I'm probably not. Any momma's here who constantly convince themselves that somethings Super wrong with them and then have good solid crying fits because they can't leave their little so soon =(

Literally just spent the last week convincing myself I had several different things which have ended each day with a panic attack (that I convince myself is a heart attack) and a good solid crying fit and then letting my kid have ice cream after bedtime because I'm horrified it'll be his last memory of me high5

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Missb89
23-01-18, 02:24
All of the time. I didn’t have health anxiety until after having my daughter.

worrywart29
23-01-18, 03:55
Yesterday my son turned six and I spent half the day crying, because I’m convinced it would be my last birthday with him.

Mummybee
23-01-18, 06:37
Yep
All the time
I often think, if I didn’t have children I would not ever worry about this. I could just go to hospital and deal with it, no drama, or if I died it would be sad but no one would be left motherless.
Just the thought of having tests and scans and being in hospital away from them makes me feel sick in the stomach.
I never worried about my health at all until my youngest was born and I realised without me, how horrible it would be for them.

jules321
23-01-18, 14:53
Constantly. I’ve always had minor anxiety but it took over after my child was born. I’m terrified of leaving my child. I think of worst case scenarios all the time. I’m always thinking “this could be the last time I see my child.” It’s awful.

katielovespizza
23-01-18, 16:35
My anxiety has increased with full force since I've been pregnant. Now it's not only MY health I'm concerned about, but my baby's as well.

NervUs
23-01-18, 16:44
Motherhood makes it allllllll unbearable.

ankietyjoe
23-01-18, 16:46
Not limited to Mum's

I once took my son to A&E when he was 5 because his heart rate was over 100 after he went swimming.

Suffice to say i was told that heart rate was completely normal for a 5 year old.

I then looked at my boy hooked up to an ECG, wondering what the hell was going on and I vowed to sort my shit out after that.

skaaix
23-01-18, 16:55
My anxiety has increased with full force since I've been pregnant. Now it's not only MY health I'm concerned about, but my baby's as well.Omg I forgot all about when I was pregnant. My HA was a disaster then! Was nice we have doctor check up a alot while pregnant to reassure I was ok haha

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Not limited to Mum's

I once took my son to A&E when he was 5 because his heart rate was over 100 after he went swimming.

Suffice to say i was told that heart rate was completely normal for a 5 year old.

I then looked at my boy hooked up to an ECG, wondering what the hell was going on and I vowed to sort my shit out after that.Oh totally! Sorry for sounding excluding! Definitely wasn't my intention so sorry! Of course dads can have HA.

Yeah I've caught myself checking my sons heart rate when he's sick more than I should and googling if it's the appropriate rate.

ankietyjoe
23-01-18, 17:48
Didn't think you were excluding the boys :yesyes:

cattia
23-01-18, 18:15
Yes, I worry endlessly about this, especially as my husband's mum died suddenly when he was ten of some unknown disease and it's affected him really badly his whole life so I've seen the damage it can do.

watercolors
05-04-18, 16:37
All the time.

Sparky16
06-04-18, 04:17
This is sad. All of you should be enjoying this time with your children, it goes by so fast. Not spending it worrying about your health. Not scolding, just really moved by what HA does to people's lives.

Emc
06-04-18, 06:11
I’m exactly the same. I’ve spent hours googling about how to prepare my kids for my death. It’s awful. I also really worry about the effect my anxiety has on my kids. My eldest is a worrier by nature but I can see the more anxious I am the more anxious it seems to make her & I hate that.

br350
09-04-18, 13:39
Yes, my son is now in college, and I’ve had these same thoughts and fears since the day he was born. I still do. :weep: