PDA

View Full Version : Constant lymphoma fear since August

MuBu
23-01-18, 13:17
Hi,

This has gone on since August 5th, I can pinpoint the date!

I felt hardness in my neck and a lot of it and panicked.

Worried about lymphoma and went to the doctors.

I had a blood test and it was fine. I went back afterwards not convinced that a blood test was enough and had a chest X ray and another blood test. That came back fine. She wanted an x-ray as the hardness goes down to my collarbone and maybe below.

She also got me an ultrasound on my neck and thyroid to check my lymph nodes and couldn't see anything that needed investigating.

I had another blood test in December, and again, it was fine.

My problem is that I am not sure what the hardness is?! Could it be a muscle that has gotten rock solid? Or a ligament, a tendon? It stretches for about 12cms down my neck.

Also, I have had chest pain for the past three weeks. Hurts when I lean forwards, or when I have bad sleep.

And over the past week I've had itching all over my body.

Can I finally be reassured by the tests? I just keep reading about blood tests being irrelevant when lymphoma is concerned. But surely an ultrasound could've noticed something sinister?! And why now the itching and chest pains? I should mention that I'm refurbishing my house and have my first child due in three weeks' time. Which is why I'd like to rest my mind sooner rather than later.

Thanks for anything that comes my way.

bubx
23-01-18, 13:40
I’m going through the same fears. Mine has been on and off and I only had a blood test, done mid November, which also showed nothing. This week I’ve been getting milk itches, that I can ignore but makes me worried :shrug: . Congratulations on the baby

AnxietySufferer
23-01-18, 14:24
I'm having this worry too due to an inflamed lymph node for the last 6 weeks or so :( feel for you!!!!!! hope you feel better soon x

MuBu
23-01-18, 20:06
Thanks both.

What I don't understand is why the doctors do a blood test as a means of reassurance when I read everywhere that blood tests aren't a good indication of the disease. If it was a good indication, I'd happily relax.