PDA

View Full Version : Feeling plop

sirtootiemus
23-01-18, 13:43
I'm 41 male none smoker but I do vape .

So after Xmas I got a bad case of flu or a bad cold , it lasted till about the 3rd/4th of Jan and since I've had this cough that feels upper chest related (coughing up whiteish phlegm) strange thing is it seems to be gone when I wake up and build up during the day ?? , so now .....low and behold i have a sharp pain in my upper left shoulder when i cough and its a dull ache when i dont and obviosly Dr Google said its Lung cancer !!! Well as you can imagine I'm now a mess :unsure:

axolotl
23-01-18, 13:48
Dr Google said its Lung cancer !!!

A pedantic point maybe, but you've said it's lung cancer based on cherry-picking the things that scare you, not "Dr Google". "Google" contains as much reassuring information as it does the scary stuff.

Nothing there suggests much other than a persistent cold, but worth popping to a doctor to check for a chest infection that needs a bit of help on its way (not to see if it's anything horrible).

sirtootiemus
23-01-18, 16:19
Yes but we don't find a lot of the reassuring stuff

axolotl
23-01-18, 16:41
Yes but we don't find a lot of the reassuring stuff

It passes your eyes all the time. All the benign reasons, the reassuring statistics, the low risk factors... your brain just passes over them.

sirtootiemus
23-01-18, 16:42
So a cough coupled with shoulder pain typed into Google says Cancer or Plurasy!!!! I hate this Cybercondria

Carys
23-01-18, 16:43
This really is THE most unlikely reason for your sharp pain in your shoulder, cancer that is. Lets look at this in order.....the most likely surely must be muscle and skeletal injury caused by coughing, then somewhere in there must be an over production of mucous which is post viral (my DH has had that after his flu this winter), then maybe that you have a minor chest infection or something....lung cancer would be at the Faaarrrrrr end of the spectrum. Why jump to that when all evidence and symptoms prior to that don't point to lung cancer?

Oooo not heard the term Cybercondria, I like it LOL Pleurisy makes you very short of breathe I believe, quite treatable incidentally and often resolves on its own (I know someone who had it).

sirtootiemus
23-01-18, 17:12
This really is THE most unlikely reason for your sharp pain in your shoulder, cancer that is. Lets look at this in order.....the most likely surely must be muscle and skeletal injury caused by coughing, then somewhere in there must be an over production of mucous which is post viral (my DH has had that after his flu this winter), then maybe that you have a minor chest infection or something....lung cancer would be at the Faaarrrrrr end of the spectrum. Why jump to that when all evidence and symptoms prior to that don't point to lung cancer?

Oooo not heard the term Cybercondria, I like it LOL Pleurisy makes you very short of breathe I believe, quite treatable incidentally and often resolves on its own (I know someone who had it).

I know but my brain is being an ass , and next week I'll think "What was all that worry about" I hate HA

Carys
23-01-18, 17:20
I know you know, but I'm reminding you, so that you follow the same process yourself.

sirtootiemus
23-01-18, 17:34
Now it's a pulmonary embolism!!!!!!!!!!!!