PDA

View Full Version : Sat in hospital waiting!

Cherry Bakewell
23-01-18, 16:52
Does anyone else get anxious when visiting or attending hospital with someone else. I'm here with a relative having an operation and my anxiety has spiked. I start to wish I was being seen as I'm convinced my head pain is a brain issue
I feel so stupid. Whenever anyone around me is ill, i start with the health anxiety! 😣

Carys
23-01-18, 16:54
Oh yeeeesssssss! I loathe being at a hospital, loathe it and I think this is common. I've spent much time visiting long-term sick relatives over the years and attending appointments with them.....each time I have a feeling that a) when I walked through the door I will collapse, as if its an omen being there that I will secumb to some hideous health problem or b) I will catch something and I was fine before I got there lol I don't wish I was being seen, so can't relate to that, but just want to get out of the place asap and generally have an elevated heart rate and blah blah blah.....

Clydesdale Epona
23-01-18, 16:55
I was the same when we took my partners sister to A and E,

Isn't it funny how Hospitals and health anxiety doesn't mix even though we should love them as they should be our safety net but instead its usually our own homes.

Was even more distraught as knew she was having a panic attack so didn't need to go but she was adamant x

Best wishes and hope they get better soon! :hugs:

skaaix
23-01-18, 16:57
Omg my husband fainted one night at a bar because he got drugged thankfully we were surrounded by friends and noticed him look lightheaded to catch him. We drove him to the hospital when he got up and while in the waiting room I started convincing myself I was drugged too (I wasn't) and instead of being there for my husband while he felt absolutely horrible I started freaking out about myself

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

TheGroundhog
23-01-18, 17:18
Haha I'm the opposite, I love being in hospital, I feel super safe, it's about the most relaxed I ever get :roflmao:

lyndau63
23-01-18, 17:20
Me too. I am constantly at the hospital with my elderly parents and it causes me stress. I keep wishingni could run round to A&E or a relevant clinic to get checked out.

Carys
23-01-18, 17:22
Well, aren't we all different.......my running is to get away...yours is to get to a clinic. I don't visit doctors either.

Cherry Bakewell
23-01-18, 17:22
I think its the fact that so many poorly people are around that makes me think about my own health more. I also like being in hospital when they are looking at me. Its when i'm here with someone else that sends me through the roof. Its also not helped that I've heard plenty of horror stories whilst here like 'it was so lucky i got here, docs said i had flu but i had pneumonia and i was at death's door etc......' stories like this make me think my doc has missed something too.