PDA

View Full Version : Wish I found this site years ago!

mifta
01-07-07, 11:27
Hi everyone,

I am 39 years old, married, with 2 great kids, ages 9 and 5. I teach adults, health and social care skills and am a registered general and psychiatric nurse. The worse kind of patient!!!!!!!!!

I was surfing this morning trying to determine the cause of my missed heartbeats, trying to find evidence I was not going to die, when I came upon this site. I have not been able to stop crying since! Having suffered with anxiety and clinical depression on and off since the age of 18, my anxieties usually relate to any lumps, bumps or signs of the dreaded cancer, but over the past couple of days I have had periods where my heart misses a beat and then feels like it is leaping from my chest and this went on for what seemed like ages. There is no need to describe any more of my symptoms because I have read them on your site and have been experienced by many of you. I wish I had found your site years ago, before being prescribed prozac and trying to deal with my anxiety on my own. I am no longer medicating and have been anti depressant free for almost 12 months but I have enough insight to know that my missed beats were almost certainly evident because I am feeling more stressed at the moment but it still didn't stop me logging to look for my symptoms online!!!

I will be recommending my sister to view your site, as she too, suffers from anxiety, a little more successfully than me!

Jaco45er
01-07-07, 11:39
Welcome to NMP Mifta

I too suffered (and sometimes still do) from health anxiety, and eptopic beats, which in turn trigger me to start thinking all those thoughts about my heart.

Does your training and understanding in nursing help in anyway?

I found Claire Weekes self-help books a great comfort when I was at my worst, and I even tackle anxiety/ectopic beats with going to the gym. Thats an experience I can tell you, going to the gym with anxious thoughts and missed beats, its almost like saying come on then, get it over with lol but I always feel better afterwards.

TC

Jaco

honeybee3939
01-07-07, 11:55
Hi Mifta

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get lots of great advice, support and make some new friends on the way.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Piglet
01-07-07, 13:00
I think the utter relief we feel when we stumble across this site and realise it's not just us, is such a revelation isn't it!! :yesyes:

A big welcome to you hun.

Piglet :flowers:

Lindalou64
01-07-07, 13:13
Hello Mifta and welcome,.............Linda

Nibbles
01-07-07, 17:55
Hi Mifta and :welcome:

It sounds like you're coping just as well as your sister and are steadily moving forwards. :) Welcome onboard, you'll get lots of advice and support while meeting new friends.

Take care,

I think the utter relief we feel when we stumble across this site and realise it's not just us, is such a revelation isn't it!! :yesyes:

It's almost as big a relief as when you get to the shop late at night and see one remaining tube of Pringles waiting for you, huh Piglet :winks:

Piglet
01-07-07, 18:02
It's almost as big a relief as when you get to the shop late at night and see one remaining tube of Pringles waiting for you, huh Piglet :winks:

Oh well there's really no contest Mike hun when it comes to Pringles - finding the last tube is liking winning Big Brother!!

Actually I also do rather like it when I eat a chunky kitkat and find a really long end of chocolate by surprise - that's very lucky that is, its the new version of finding the four leaf clover!! :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

groovygranny
01-07-07, 23:58
Hello Mifta :welcome:to you!

Yep, wished I'd found this site earlier too - but not to worry, we're here now!

Pleased to meet you - plenty of help and support here!

:flowers:

trac67
02-07-07, 15:52
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Pink Princess
02-07-07, 16:10
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

Southern_Belle
02-07-07, 17:42
Hi Mifta,

Welcome to NMP. As you can see many feel the same way you do. You are no longer alone. You will find alot of support here.

Laura

nomorepanic
02-07-07, 19:09
Hi Mifta

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you meet some fab new friends along the way.

Take some time to read all you can on the website pages as well - I am sure that will be of some help.