PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with vascular problems, I’d really appreciate advice...

unicorndusy
24-01-18, 20:48
Hey,

If anyone has any personal experience with vascular problems please let me know. I’m planning on seeing the doctor soon because I can’t shake this thought. I’m sort of getting over the idea I have a DVT due to the fact my leg in general doesn’t seem to be getting worse. However my lower left leg and foot goes cold to the touch sometimes like daily. I’m not sure if I’ve had this before because I’ve never really thought about it until my left upper leg got a muscle injury. But I’m worried I am developing a huge artery problem in my left leg. I mean what else could it be? Obviously if it’s cold to the touch on ONE side surely there’s a blockage? Thing is it comes and goes! I know no one has medical training but does anyone have the same thing? I’ve had it now for a couple of months. I’ve also noticed a purple-ish mark on the same leg in the shin area (not a bruise) which sometimes has a white patch on it and sometimes it disappears. Again not sure if this has been there longer than I’ve noticed it. Never used to check my legs. In a right panic if I’m honest.

Fishmanpa
24-01-18, 21:04
A DVT wouldn't come and go.

Positive thoughts

unicorndusy
24-01-18, 21:15
A DVT wouldn't come and go.

Positive thoughts

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Fishmanpa! I don’t think it’s a DVT but I’m scared it’s something serious. It’s scaring me because cold to the touch skin is not a good sign. But because it comes and goes I guess it could be treated now rather than later. Don’t think I’ll be able to see the doctor till next week or the week after so hopefully my body will hold on. Thankyou again I’ve seen you reply to a lot of other people’s posts and I think you have replied to mine a lot before so thankyou you are a wonderful person for helping people

Fishmanpa
24-01-18, 21:49
Ok then... how can an artery problem come and go? It's either blocked or not :shrug:

Positive thoughts

unicorndusy
24-01-18, 22:52
Ok then... how can an artery problem come and go? It's either blocked or not :shrug:

Positive thoughts

You’ve got a really good point. I guess it’s just one of those things I’ll have to see if it gets worse or spreads. Thank you

Tiff111
25-01-18, 20:36
How long have you had it? I’m pretty sure the symptoms would be constant. Also my friend had DVT when he was on a plane and he was in agony...x

unicorndusy
25-01-18, 21:20
How long have you had it? I’m pretty sure the symptoms would be constant. Also my friend had DVT when he was on a plane and he was in agony...x

Hey,

I've had it for about two months now. I wouldn't say it was particularly painful just twinges in my upper leg and in the back. I'm kinda thinking it's sciatica due to the cold feeling in my left foot. And thanks for the insight, from what I hear it is agony I'm sorry to hear your friend went through that it must've been horrific! I think if the symptoms don't get better I'll see the doctor x