PDA

View Full Version : Field of vision

Artmuzz
24-01-18, 21:39
I have had my eyes tested and everything is fine with my vision except I am short sighted and need to wear glasses.

I don't know if this is anxiety causing this because I suffer severe anxiety and depression but I've noticed something with my field of vision. When I am looking at something my central vision is clear but the surrounding vision is out of focus and I have to move my eyes to see it clear.

An example is when I am reading I have to move my eyes across the words to read. Also when watching television and there are two or more people in the scene I have to move my eyes to each face to see them clearly. Is this normal? I have had my peripheral vision tested and it's normal.

melfish
24-01-18, 23:16
This is entirely normal. You can only read with your central vision, which is why you need to move your point of focus constantly

Artmuzz
25-01-18, 10:52
Thanks for the reply. This was really starting to give me a panic attack but obviously I'm overthinking it with suffering anxiety and the central vision and peripheral vision is actually a normal thing with human vision.

Hart
25-01-18, 18:14
I have had my eyes tested and everything is fine with my vision except I am short sighted and need to wear glasses.

I don't know if this is anxiety causing this because I suffer severe anxiety and depression but I've noticed something with my field of vision. When I am looking at something my central vision is clear but the surrounding vision is out of focus and I have to move my eyes to see it clear.

An example is when I am reading I have to move my eyes across the words to read. Also when watching television and there are two or more people in the scene I have to move my eyes to each face to see them clearly. Is this normal? I have had my peripheral vision tested and it's normal.I think this is quite normal too....I also suffer with my vision when my anxiety is peaking. I think that sometimes once you notice something doesn't seem right you can then spend all your time analysing everything too much...Hope that make sense
Like you notice something is blurry and you start checking your vision constantly and noticing things that have probably always been that way just you haven't noticed before because you've never paid attention to it!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk