PDA

View Full Version : Nervous newbie!

MrsNMP
24-01-18, 21:43
Hey all, so glad I have found this site. I have been worrier for as long as I can remember but the focus on health is the worst. It's been a bit of a relief to actually give a name to how I feel. Health Anxiety - feel like I am finally understanding what is wrong with me....

Hoping 2018 I can get a better understanding and, who knows maybe even try to control it for a bit.

Currently very nervous though. Have appointment at the breast clinic tomorrow and a blood test due to low white blood cell count, followed by a doctors appointment on Friday regarding another issue....not sure where to start to try and hear others experience.....

Carys
24-01-18, 21:47
Hiyer and welcome.

Understanding and accepting that you have elements of HA is part of the way towards finding coping strategies and relearning your thought processes. I wish you a successful time with doing that over the coming weeks.

Is it a routine breast clinic appointment?

venusbluejeans
24-01-18, 21:48
Hiya MrsNMP and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MrsNMP
24-01-18, 22:21
Thank you. The doctor referred to my appointment as a 'reassurance' appointment but when I got the letter it said that it was an urgent appointment - that immediately sent me into overdrive. I went doctors due to a really large vein across one of them that wasn't there before - did the stupid thing of googling it. So have to wait till tomorrow.

These next two days are going to be hard for me - I hate doctors /hospital and I have to do both. Blood test tomorrow and then doctors on Friday as been having white floating particles in my urine and small blood floaty bits on 2 occasions. Dreading the worst -I've definately HA it takes over and is so awful.

GiovanniNL
25-01-18, 07:47
Welcome!