PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your blood

sdoxo
24-01-18, 22:01
GP just called to let me know that my bloods were back and my WBC is elevated at 12.9. She said the doctor wrote it could be from a recent upper respiratory infection, which I informed her I haven't had. She put me on hold and then comes back to tell me my GP wants a retest in 2 weeks. Commence panic mode.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm freaking out convincing myself I have leukemia or something. What are some things that could cause elevated WBC? I haven't been sick at all lately if that helps.

Fishmanpa
24-01-18, 22:07
Tell me about your blood

Well, it's red, warm and flows through my body. I take blood thinners so it's probably pretty liquidy too :D

The doctor is practicing CYA medicine and 12.9 is not that much above normal anyway so...

Positive thoughts

sdoxo
24-01-18, 22:10
Lol can always count on you for the smarty pants answers! I know that it's only slightly elevated. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why since I haven't been sick like AT ALL

BikerMatt
25-01-18, 00:31
Only slightly over the normal level. I had bloods done in Aug17 and my WBC count was 12. Something then in Oct17 it was 4.7. I think the normal range is 4 to 12.

Jenni855
03-03-18, 17:36
Could be inflammation somewhere in the body