PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Paxil for HA?

Healthanxietysuffere
25-01-18, 16:44
I went to my OBGYN today to get checked for what I thought was a breast lump. She felt no lumps, only normal tissue. I confessed the HA I've been going through lately and how extreme it had gotten. She was really understanding and recommended therapy (which I started already). She also recommends me starting 10mg of Paxil to see if it helps. I've never been on an antidepressant, and am scared to take it. Have any of you ever had experience with Paxil, and was it good or bad?

Hart
25-01-18, 18:05
I went to my OBGYN today to get checked for what I thought was a breast lump. She felt no lumps, only normal tissue. I confessed the HA I've been going through lately and how extreme it had gotten. She was really understanding and recommended therapy (which I started already). She also recommends me starting 10mg of Paxil to see if it helps. I've never been on an antidepressant, and am scared to take it. Have any of you ever had experience with Paxil, and was it good or bad?Hi, I was on Paroxetine (Paxil) for around 3 years and it worked wonders for my anxiety (never been given a type but think it's a mix of generalised and health anxiety)
I only came off it because I had gained a lot of weight and couldn't shift it, then it fell off afterwards!
Had some side effects getting on it and had to taper off slowly when I did decide to stop but whilst I was on it the anxiety was completely gone!
I was only off it completely for a few months though and the symptoms of anxiety slowly crept back in so now I am trying a different one because of the weight gain.
Sorry for the long answer just thought I would give you all experiences. I'm sure if you watch watch you eat and don't over indulge as I did the weight gain won't happen (not even sure if that would be a concern for you)
Hope your feeling better soon

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
25-01-18, 18:08
There's an entire sub-forum dedicated to medication (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=7). Perhaps take a look there and you may find some answers and reassurance.

Positive thoughts

Healthanxietysuffere
25-01-18, 18:38
Thanks, fishmanpa. I will check that forum for sure. My husband think I should get a second opinion from a psychiatrist before starting that kind of medicine, due to the side effects. I might see about doing that as well. I appreciate your insight so much!