PDA

View Full Version : Feeling anxious following cousins cancer diagnoses (possible trigger)

Mel_82
25-01-18, 22:18
Hey all,

I seem to get my HA somewhat under control and then something happens that send me into panic again.

I’ve been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst - had 2 ultra sounds including one internal one. I haven’t seen a gyno yet since my appt isn’t until March, but it’s pretty painful - and has been persistent for about a year now.
I’ve been so worried and obsessed with the fact that I’m gonna go in March and they’re gonna find cancer. I also had elevated protein in the blood which can indicate ovarian cancer.

Anyway, my mom called yesterday and told me that my cousin has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer - which has potentially spread to the stomach. She had surgery today and everyone is awaiting the outcome. I’m so worried for her, but also this has sent me into a panic that it’s very real and could also be my outcome. I’m no different than her.

How do you control your own HA, when someone close to you is battling the very thing you’ve been fixated on?

Blonde123
25-01-18, 22:26
I’m so sorry Mel. I hope everything goes well for you all and is a good outcome. I didn’t want to read and run x

tryingtosurvive1
26-01-18, 06:53
I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. Try to stay focused on the fact you are two different people!