PDA

View Full Version : If you've been diagnosed with sciatic problems . . . .

FamilyPicnic
26-01-18, 00:08
could you please share your symptoms with me. Is it more of a pain or discomfort, did it come on suddenly or slowly, does anything make it better or worse for you, what does it feel like, etc?
I can't see my doctor for 2.5 weeks and meanwhile I'm scared. Not sure if this is my problem or not.

ShaunRyder
26-01-18, 00:42
I have had it on and off for a few years, wouldn't say I have ever been in a lot pain with it just more of an a annoyance. I found the worst thing to do was lay down and 'rest' it, that just made it ten times worse for, I always kept active and stretches helped me.

FamilyPicnic
26-01-18, 11:32
Thank you, Shaun :) Anyone else have sciatic problems?

Sampowell542
26-01-18, 15:01
I’m currently going through sciatica. Noticed it when I went back to work 7 months ago after maternity leave. Had it on and off since then. It’s a pain in my left lower back, more of my bum area. Then not a pain down my left leg but more of a feeling. Like you know it’s there type of thing. It’s exactly how my mumexplains hers when I told her my back was sore and it was going down my leg. So I try not to worry about it (I try!) Keeping active helps me cope loads. Noticed when I’m stressed it’s a lot worse!
Seems to flare up every couple of weeks, but after some stretches and whatnot it seems to subside! Hope it gets better for you. I’ve come to terms with if my anxiety is sky high my sciatica is at it’s worse - so feels like a life long thing for me