PDA

View Full Version : Another spiral over armpit

LF87
26-01-18, 00:18
I was panicking about this a week or so ago but was replaced my a pain in my neck. Last week ish I had a really sore armpit, looked in the mirror and there was a big red spot. Presumed it was a boil / irritated follicle or ingrown hair. But then it just lingered and I started worrying it might be something else. I did think it had gone and I moved into obsessing over my throat / neck. Anyway I was just having a shower and washing under my armpit and there's still a tiny lumpy thing there. It's not as big as pea. It's maybe the size of a tiny metal ball. It's hard. So you can imagine where I've gone to in a matter of minutes. I'm just wondering as I'm trying to rationalise this way :if it was a swollen follicle or something, might it take some time to fully go back down? It if started out as red and sore it's not likely to be a cancerous / lymph thing? It has gone down but like I say I can still feel it under the skin. I can't find it easily, helps to have soap to glide over it type thing. Any help hugely appreciated, I'm having a panic attack and can't see doc til next week.

nomorepanic
26-01-18, 00:23
I have one too - it is a boil and is a hard lump - it will go in time.

LF87
26-01-18, 00:33
Thank you for your reply that's reassuring!
Can I ask does yours feel under the skin? Mine started outwardly but now feels under the skin?

Thanks again

worrywart29
26-01-18, 04:46
Wow it sound like it I could have wrote this. Two weeks ago I found a hard lump on my armpit. Of course I immediately started freaking out. On Sunday I was taking a shower and felt one in the other arm pit. I’ve been a wreck ever since. Today I woke up and the lump is about half the size it was. I believe it will eventually go in time and so will yours.

Missb89
26-01-18, 05:56
Could be hidradenitis? I have them on my inner thighs they start big and red and then as they heal they feel like small lumps under the skin until they go away. I only have stage 1 though so don’t google it or you’ll see the scariest results.

LF87
26-01-18, 08:50
Thanks for these replies.
I don't think it's hidradentitis miss B, of course I Googled haha. It's not chronic or recurring, just a one off. Worrywart did yours start out like a pimple/boil? Mine did so I'm trying to rationalise that way. That a cancerous thing wouldn't present that way? It was really red and a big pimple, tried to squeeze it (sorry) and everything. Now it's gone down it's like under the skin so I don't know if it's just taking time to heal? Any ideas?
Thanks

nomorepanic
26-01-18, 13:30
Yes it is a lump under the skin and quite sore to touch and the lump is hard. I know it is a boil though as I have had them before but was told not to keep poking, squeezing and prodding them and let it develop on its own.

LF87
26-01-18, 14:13
Thanks Nicola.

It did hurt initially but doesn't anymore. I'm thinking the fact it's reduced in size probably means it's nothing serious?

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Mine doesn't hurt anymore though :/ that worries me

nomorepanic
26-01-18, 14:51
Once they start going down they won't hurt as much. Mine is sore as it hasn't fully developed yet.

LF87
26-01-18, 15:09
Thank you for replying feel a lot better x

nomorepanic
26-01-18, 16:28
I know they tell you not to squeeze them but it is so tempting just to get rid of it!

LF87
26-01-18, 17:22
Yeah I squeezed mine initially but decided just to leave it! Then it's kinda shrunk over a week. Is it bad that it's not red or on skin surface anymore though? X

Fishmanpa
26-01-18, 17:41
Yeah I squeezed mine initially but decided just to leave it! Then it's kinda shrunk over a week. Is it bad that it's not red or on skin surface anymore though? X

Sounds like that's healing :winks:

Positive thoughts

LF87
28-01-18, 13:54
Thanks Fishman.
I can still feel it but it's weird, I can't find it unless I have soap on my hands and kind of glide over. It's really small, I don't even know what it is :(
Gonna make an appointment tomorrow. If it was a sinister thing it wouldn't have come up like a spot would it?

worrywart29
28-01-18, 15:36
If it decreased in size then it’s most likely nothing to worry about. Cancer will get worse joy better.

LF87
26-03-18, 20:11
Hey. So I'm sticking to the merging threads thing hoping I'll get a reply.
I did go to docs and she said it was superficial and no concern. But 2 months on I think it might still be there. Our it's a new spot, there's a little red mark there. But it feels the same. After that's doctors appointment I have never felt for it again till tonight. So I'm freaking that it's been there the whole time. But she did say 'superficial'.

Please help

Fishmanpa
26-03-18, 20:27
she did say 'superficial'.

That's all you need to know :)

Positive thoughts

LF87
26-03-18, 21:01
Thanks Fishman.
I do worry about docs dismissing me because of my HA. She knows what she's feeling right? Eurgh HA is such a pain