PDA

View Full Version : MRI Contrast damaged brain?

Jetsfan75
26-01-18, 06:53
Hello,

I have suffered health anxiety for awhile now and it has been brutal. After a recent scare a few months ago I got a head mri with contrast. Now I am convinced that this contrast has damaged my brain. There are studies showing that the contrast is retained in the brain after every usage and they are not sure sure of the clinical significance of this. It now feels like with everything I do that there is something wrong with my brain and it has been damaged. It feels like I am struggling with my problem solving skills and everything isn’t working as well.

What’s other people’s experience with the contrast? Do you think it has damaged you?

utrocket09
26-01-18, 07:10
Hello,

I have suffered health anxiety for awhile now and it has been brutal. After a recent scare a few months ago I got a head mri with contrast. Now I am convinced that this contrast has damaged my brain. There are studies showing that the contrast is retained in the brain after every usage and they are not sure sure of the clinical significance of this. It now feels like with everything I do that there is something wrong with my brain and it has been damaged. It feels like I am struggling with my problem solving skills and everything isn’t working as well.

What’s other people’s experience with the contrast? Do you think it has damaged you?

I had an MRI with contrast back in March of my pelvis. The contrast comes out of your body entirely within a few hours. You have nothing to be concerned about. You wouod have had to have a ton of contrast to cause an issue

countrygirl
26-01-18, 08:16
If someone has normally functioning kidneys then tge xontrast -gelsenium- is excreted. I too have read an article about exceptionally rare occurances of people who say they have been affected by the contrast but was many years later and at present no clinical confirmation of it. Anyone with reduced kidney function will not be given any type of contrast. I have had contrast twice with mri scans. 15yrs ago and 6 years ago. My brain is no worse!