PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lincolnshire

spiceworld
26-01-18, 10:24
Hello Everyone

I am 50 years old and have been suffering from agoraphobia and general panic disorder for 26 years but believe my anxiety stems back to early child hood.

I have not left the house for about 20 years now, cannot cope with visitors coming, even my own children visiting affects me. The telephone and in fact any situation where I feel trapped send me into a panic, I hide if someone knocks at the door and over the years things have just added to the list of what I can't do, so my answer has been to avoid them.

My Mum died last May and I spiralled into depression, but something also snapped in me to say enough is enough, so here I am sounding brave but I am far from that!

venusbluejeans
26-01-18, 10:31
Hiya spiceworld and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

venusbluejeans
26-01-18, 10:36
Ps Hello also from Lincolnshire :)

failingsanity04
26-01-18, 12:07
Hello, I was raised in Bourne in Lincolnshire and also lived in Grantham. Welcome to the forum.

venusbluejeans
26-01-18, 12:09
Hello, I was raised in Bourne in Lincolnshire and also lived in Grantham. Welcome to the forum.

Woah Lincolnshire is such a big county that I have never found someone on the forum who knows of Round here...... I Live in Grimsthorpe and work in Ropsley :)

failingsanity04
26-01-18, 12:14
Woah Lincolnshire is such a big county that I have never found someone on the forum who knows of Round here...... I Live in Grimsthorpe and work in Ropsley :)

Never heard of Ropsley before, however I have been to Grimsthorpe castle many times as a child. Were you born in Lincolnshire? :)

venusbluejeans
26-01-18, 12:30
Ropsley is a 10 minute drive from Grantham near a place called Old Somerby and yeah I was Born in Stamford :)

and now I am popping out to Bourne lol

spiceworld
26-01-18, 12:34

I was originally from Kent and Sussex area but moved here 8 years ago, have never left the house though!

failingsanity04
26-01-18, 12:50
Ropsley is a 10 minute drive from Grantham near a place called Old Somerby and yeah I was Born in Stamford :)

and now I am popping out to Bourne lol

Been to Stamford loads of times and even lived there for a short period.
Enjoy your time in Bourne, it's changed a lot since the 90s but is still a great place.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

I was originally from Kent and Sussex area but moved here 8 years ago, have never left the house though!

Kent is a beautiful area, especially Dover. I was born in Peterborough and now live in Rushden, Northamptonshire but the majority of my life I lived in Bourne.

I am hardly leaving the house atm as well. :hugs: