PDA

View Full Version : Never feeling really 'well'...

cattia
26-01-18, 10:27
Does anyone else have this feeling that you are never really 'well'? I can't even say specifically what's wrong, I just feel like I am always under the weather or not 100%, a bit tired, run down or just not quite 'right'. I don't know whether this is due to hyper vigilance? I had two lots of bloods done last year and they were both normal but the last lot were in September so now I am thinking should I get some more done? I am of course worried about something like leukaemia making me tired and run down. I don't think I am deficient in anything as I take plenty of vitamins every day. I sleep OK and my diet is not too bad.

Stephanie22
26-01-18, 12:32
I feel lots of different aches, pains and strange sensations (mostly after the googling!!) and worry obsessively- not to mention linking them all together. I know I am hypersensitive due to my health anxiety so I tend to give it a few days and some relaxation techniques and 9/10 the ache/pain/sensation is gone. Try taking your mind off it for a few days x (easier said than done, I know)

FluffySheep
26-01-18, 15:34
I always feel like this. In fact I wrote a post a few months ago that is almost identical. I am always feeling tired, under the weather and just not 'right'. I also wondered if it was hyper vigilance, but also dwelling on specific feelings and sensations so much so they take over and make us feel horrid. It then becomes the norm to feel 'unwell'. I sympathise, and would like to feel less blah too !

Malibustace
26-01-18, 15:38
I feel like this too, never feel 100%. Although a few days ago it got to bedtime when I suddenly thought “oh my life, I’ve felt well all day today”. Must admit I’d had a very busy day work and then kept myself occupied at home decorating, it seems that if I can keep distracted I don’t have half as many ‘symptoms’ as I usually would.

cattia
27-01-18, 08:25
Thanks for the replies, it's helpful to know that others with HA experience this too. I keep telling myself that anxiety does take its toll and that if it was anything serious I'd have more obvious symptoms or it would have shown up in blood tests but you know how it is, the voice of anxiety is always telling me there must be a sinister underlying reason why I feel like this.
I don't think a day goes by when I don't think about how I feel so it's impossible to know whether I'd feel normal if I wasn't thinking about it.

pulisa
27-01-18, 08:41
Did your mouth issue resolve, cattia?

cattia
27-01-18, 08:58
Yes pulisa, I went to the doctor and he said what I was seeing was just normal tissue. I then went to the dentist for my normal check up and she also said it was fine but that my gums are tender because I need to clean between my teeth better.
I'm suffering headaches this week on the opposite side of my head to where they usually are so that's bothering me a lot too. I'm not in full panic mode but my anxiety is moderate all the time. My counselling doesn't seem to be helping me although it is helping me to understand my thinking patterns a bit better, my anxious thoughts are not reducing. I'm thinking of a low dose of SSRI to try to help but part of me wonders if that will just reduce the eventual effect of therapy and I should be aiming to recover without medication. I don't want to be on it long term at any rate.

mich1
27-01-18, 21:48
I totally get where you're coming from. I experience it very often...that sensation of not being "well" compared to other people your age. Not in a cold or flu way, but just something not "right" with your health...even in the face of check ups saying that they can't find anything.

I remember that great scene in the Sopranos where Tony starts experiencing anxiety but thinks there's something seriously wrong as he's fainting, etc.

His incredulousness when told it's just anxiety and eventual frustration where he said he wishes he did have something real so the doctors could actually find it and cut it out!

That weird conflict between being told you're fine but knowing that the sensations you feel are real and very distressing...it can be unbelievably frustrating and debilitating but I really hope you manage to find relief and a way through!

Good vibes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk