PDA

View Full Version : Spinal tumour

bubx
27-01-18, 12:58
I went on a road trip today, free of stress and during our first stop, my legs felt fine. When we got to the third stop, it felt like the left side of my calf below the knee was numb. I could still feel touch and sensation on it, but it felt numb and it continued this way for a whole day. It felt better only when sitting or lying down. It’s nearly midnight and I’m freaking out thinking this is some spinal tumour. I’m making a doctors appointment maybe tomorrow :scared15: too scared to sleep. Help

NancyW
27-01-18, 13:27
Why a spinal tumor? Why not compressed nerve from being in the car on a road trip ?

bubx
27-01-18, 13:35
Because sitting for 3 hours has never made me get this

Elen
27-01-18, 13:41
Look back on your post history and how quickly you move from one fear to the other.

None of these other fears have come to anything so why do you think that this one is any different?

There is a deeper lying problem and that is what you need to try and get to grips with, and admitting that these fears are groundless would be a great start.

NancyW
27-01-18, 15:33
Because sitting for 3 hours has never made me get this

Again, why a spinal tumor? Why the extreme leap?

wilky44
27-01-18, 15:35
You've sat in a car for 3 hours ergo your leg is sore/stiff/ numb. It's not difficult to figure it out. It happens all the time. It's a waste of the Dr's time going in for something do trivial and blatantly obvious. Let Dr's deal with people who need them most.

Fishmanpa
27-01-18, 18:16
Look back on your post history and how quickly you move from one fear to the other.

None of these other fears have come to anything so why do you think that this one is any different?

There is a deeper lying problem and that is what you need to try and get to grips with, and admitting that these fears are groundless would be a great start.

Absolutely agree! You're 17... "17"! the chances of you being ill with something more than the common cold are virtually non-existent. It's one thing to get a serious life threatening physical illness. It's another to actually have a life threatening mental illness and that's what's happening. This is ruling your life and a life of constant fear of death is worse than dying :weep:

Please speak to your parents, a trusted adult or school counselor! Show them your threads here. Get some real life help.

Positive thoughts