PDA

View Full Version : blue fingertips?

supermom
27-01-18, 15:30
Anyone have this? I'm trying not to freak out but this has happened a few times in the last few weeks. Just the tips of my fingers but it does't last. Just now I was cold and my hands were white and 2 of my fingertips had turned blue. Then it went away. I'm worried it's my heart. I'm calling the Dr monday.

Fishmanpa
27-01-18, 15:54
Could it just be your hands were cold? :huh:

Positive thoughts

jules321
27-01-18, 16:04
You might have Raynaud’s? Many people do and it’s nothing serious. Or your hands were just cold. :)

O_O
27-01-18, 16:21
If your fingertips were just going blue randomly, that might be a bit weird. Like, low oxygen levels or something. But since they're only going blue when you're cold then... I'd say it was because you're cold.

Catherine S
27-01-18, 16:58
My daughter, who's in her 30s has had Raynauds syndrome diagnosed last year with the same symptoms. From the middle finger joints to the fingertips turn blue, then white, and can be quite painful as they return to normal. She also gets it to a lesser degree in her feet as these are easier to keep warm.

I believe it's because the small arteries that bring blood to the skin become more narrow so for the extremities like fingers, toes, tip of the nose and ears, the blood supply is temporarily interrupted. It's more common than you think and nothing to do with heart disease. Also, your fingers can turn blue without the syndrome being the cause...as others have said just by being really cold, but for your own peace of mind perhaps you could ask your doctor about it yes.

supermom
27-01-18, 17:07
So this morning I noticed my hands were very sweaty. Then I went out and ran some errands. When I got home I ate an apple and a bowl of yogurt both cold. I noticed that my ears and hands were white. Then the tips of 2 fingers turned blueish. I made a cup of tea and warmed up and it's been gone since. Also it didn't happen at all last week. I think if it were something serious it would be all the time yes? I'll still call the Dr monday. Unless something else happens in the meantime.

Liziik
27-01-18, 22:59
I had a similar worry years ago my hand and fingers would go blue and patchy. I was seeing a hypnotherapist at the time and he told me to imagine my hand was in a cold bucket of ice I did this for a couple of minutes and when I looked at my hand although it wasn't cold it was blue and patchy. It was amazing and bizarre because how can your mind make your hand blue....but it did! I really wouldn't worry my hand are always going blue and sometimes and orangey colour too!