PDA

View Full Version : Does pregnancy cause night sweats?

becca98
27-01-18, 15:51
I have had night sweats on and on for a couple months ever since I’ve been in the third trimester, they are sometimes soaking to the point the sweat is dripping off me but It never goes through my clothes etc.. I just wondered if pregnancy is what is causing these? Like I know the menopause can so didn’t know if pregnancy could

I wouldn’t worry but if you go through my posts I used to worry about lymphoma a lot so can’t forget what I used to read (damn)!!

NancyW
27-01-18, 16:12
Ugh...yes. I also had drenching night sweats for a couple months after my baby was born.

Lovely hormones.

Bastett
27-01-18, 17:06
Yes, I was worried about the same and every night checked myself for sweats a couple of weeks before pregnancy. I never had any sweats. Then i found out I was pregnant and there have been occasional night sweats. I am 9 and half weeks along and have had maybe 5 nights where I had sweats through this time. 2 times it was very noticeable with real drenching sweats not only dampness.

Morning after my morning sickness began. So I guess hormones all the way. :)

becca98
27-01-18, 17:23
Yes, I was worried about the same and every night checked myself for sweats a couple of weeks before pregnancy. I never had any sweats. Then i found out I was pregnant and there have been occasional night sweats. I am 9 and half weeks along and have had maybe 5 nights where I had sweats through this time. 2 times it was very noticeable with real drenching sweats not only dampness.

Morning after my morning sickness began. So I guess hormones all the way. :)

They’re horrible aren’t they, I’m 34 weeks so you a long time of them yet haha! I find it mostly is around my neck,chest, legs. It is awful I hate waking up feeling wet.. just didn’t know if it was pregnancy related you don’t get told about all these symptoms!

Hope your pregnancy goes well and health anxiety goes off a bit mixture of the two isn’t the best with all the new symptoms is it?

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Ugh...yes. I also had drenching night sweats for a couple months after my baby was born.

Lovely hormones.

Ahh I’ve heard they get worse when you’ve actually had the baby aswell. Brilliant.

Thank you anyway, wonder what causes them during pregnancy though probably all the extra weight doesn’t help lol!

NancyW
27-01-18, 17:26
wonder what causes them during pregnancy though probably all the extra weight doesn’t help lol!

Oh my goodness, your hormones are RAGING during pregnancy!

Please don't underestimate how powerful they are.

Bastett
27-01-18, 17:40
They’re horrible aren’t they, I’m 34 weeks so you a long time of them yet haha! I find it mostly is around my neck,chest, legs. It is awful I hate waking up feeling wet.. just didn’t know if it was pregnancy related you don’t get told about all these symptoms!

Hope your pregnancy goes well and health anxiety goes off a bit mixture of the two isn’t the best with all the new symptoms is it?

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Ahh I’ve heard they get worse when you’ve actually had the baby aswell. Brilliant.

Thank you anyway, wonder what causes them during pregnancy though probably all the extra weight doesn’t help lol!

Thank you! Wish you happy meeting with your little one in the next 6 weeks! :)

Oh yes, it is worst it has ever been. I constantly feel breathless and too wonder if it is because of the pregnancy itself, or because of anxiety or something much worse!

becca98
27-01-18, 17:42
Thank you! Wish you happy meeting with your little one in the next 6 weeks! :)

Oh yes, it is worst it has ever been. I constantly feel breathless and too wonder if it is because of the pregnancy itself, or because of anxiety or something much worse!

thank you! I agree, my anxiety was terrible at the start as I had constant cough, poorly and fatigue hopefully you will start to feel better soon and enjoy your pregnancy, I found speaking to my health visitor helped me a lot because it’s such a overwhelming time when youre already anxious about your health.

Bastett
27-01-18, 17:48
I have cough and horrible fatigue... too.

swgrl09
27-01-18, 17:54
Hi, I am a little less than 35 weeks pregnant and I literally JUST asked my doctor this yesterday!! lol

I normally run cold all the time, but since my third trimester started, I have night sweats more nights than not. My doctor said that we basically have furnaces in our bodies right now and it is 1000% normal. I have to sleep with a sheet and a fan on me even though it's literally 0 degrees outside.

I also felt my good old lymphoma fear kick up again but the doctor was not concerned at all. I also feel breathless all the time and my back is killing me. No cough, but constant sinus and nasal congestion which is also pregnancy related. Can't win!

becca98
27-01-18, 20:13
Hi, I am a little less than 35 weeks pregnant and I literally JUST asked my doctor this yesterday!! lol

I normally run cold all the time, but since my third trimester started, I have night sweats more nights than not. My doctor said that we basically have furnaces in our bodies right now and it is 1000% normal. I have to sleep with a sheet and a fan on me even though it's literally 0 degrees outside.

I also felt my good old lymphoma fear kick up again but the doctor was not concerned at all. I also feel breathless all the time and my back is killing me. No cough, but constant sinus and nasal congestion which is also pregnancy related. Can't win!

Aw that’s lovely when are you due? I wish someone give us a book of all these weird pregnancy symptoms, yeah it’s winter here and absolutely freezing so when I started sweating I was a bit like oh shit... but it seems to be pregnancy related woo!

I know what you mean with sinus issues too you really can’t win haha, it’s so worrying sometimes but my logical mind is telling me it’s pregnancy and it’ll go soon as I’ve had the baby, I swear once you’ve googled lymphoma though you never forget about it grrr...!

swgrl09
27-01-18, 20:16
I'm due the first week of March. How about you? You are so right... I have said many times that I want to write a book about all the things nobody tells you about. It's so bizarre how much can change with your body! And I completely agree - wish I never googled lymphoma in my life either!! I'm better about it than I used to be, but once that's in your brain, ugh!!!