PDA

View Full Version : Feeling lymph nodes? Terrified of lymphoma

Kcecy1107
27-01-18, 22:25
Took my 18 month old to the doctor for his regular check up and she said he looks perfect despite feeling a lymph node on his neck/jaw that she said was normal and caused by his teething, eczema and slight cold. She told me to not google and not to worry about it since it’s a body’s response to fighting any kind of offense and to only worry if it becomes much larger, is red or there is a fever because they could get infected. So I did google and google comes up with the worse. I keep checking him but she told me to only check every week or so. I found two tiny ones on his groin too and never thought of checking myself and I have some on the groin too. Not worried about myself but my anxiety is over my kids so even a cold on them gets me on edge. I can’t stop thinking about these lymph nodes on my toddler. Are they really normal? Small, soft, movable. Now my OCD is on this and the sinister things google said it can be on rare ocassions. I am on Zoloft but small dose.

Anyone else can feel their lymph nodes?

NancyW
27-01-18, 23:19
She told me to not google and not to worry about it

So I did google and google comes up with the worse.

:shrug:

nomorepanic
27-01-18, 23:23
You were told not to worry. They know what they are looking for and not us so you have to trust them on this one.

Kcecy1107
29-01-18, 18:09
You were told not to worry. They know what they are looking for and not us so you have to trust them on this one.

My head tells me that’s what I should do but my anxiety and OCD take over. You are right through. Trying...

BikerMatt
29-01-18, 18:24
My little boy has had an enlarged node ever since he was born and he's just coming up to 5. It's never been a problem and i'm sure it's the same for your little one.