PDA

View Full Version : What works for you?

Liziik
27-01-18, 22:54
Are there any other ways of combating health anxiety other then cbt and/or medication?
I've tried both several times and nothing is helping. So I'm trying to look into other ways of helping my anxiety.
What has or hasn't worked for you?

jules321
28-01-18, 03:15
I'd imagine most of us hasn't found anything that works... hence we are here. :(

au Lait
28-01-18, 03:42
Reading posts here helps a lot. When I’m in an anxiety spiral it helps me to see others worrying over similar situations. Usually I can see how others are in the grasp of HA, and then I feel that I’m better equipped to remind myself that I’m in the same situation.

I think keeping an anxiety journal is vital. When I’m fretting over something it’s incredibly helpful to be able to look back at the previous times when I was anxious. That way I can prove to myself that I was wrong then, and in doing so hopefully be able to realize that I’m just as wrong about whatever deadly affliction I’ve convinced myself that I currently have.

Also, not everyone’s cup of tea, but asmr videos help calm and relax me when I’m feeling anxious.

swajj
28-01-18, 04:01
I’m not the keep a journal type but I am recovered so it may be helpful for some but not necessary for everyone. Therapy worked for me. It was really hard work though. A member here has a relative who is a psychiatrist. He told her that if the therapist is working harder than the patient then therapy won’t work.