PDA

View Full Version : I passed out last night and am really scared!!

in-love-but-im-lazy
27-01-18, 23:19
Hi all,
I've been in this forum a lot lately, but something happened last night that really scared me. I fell asleep on my couch, and my dad woke me up around 3am to go up to bed. I walked upstairs, and as I was turning my bedroom doorknob, I passed out. I don't remember this happening, I was just suddenly on the ground and my dad was shaking me up. I'm pretty sure it was only a few seconds, and my dad told me that he didn't see me hit my head or anything like that. Afterwards, I went back to bed, but I felt really warm and lightheaded and couldn't sleep. Today, I still feel really lightheaded and have a headache, but I can't tell if it's just my anxiety.
I have had a fear of fainting for the past 5 years or so, and now that it's actually happened, it feels like my fears have been confirmed. I worry that it could happen at any time. I'm supposed to be managing my school's musical this week so I need to be on my feet and I'm really afraid that I'll be anxious the whole time. I need help to reassure myself because my parents think I'm crazy for worrying that it's something serious. Any insight would be appreciated.

nomorepanic
27-01-18, 23:21
It could have been low blood pressure but to be honest you should talk to a doctor if you pass out for no reason.

au Lait
28-01-18, 02:36
Are you drinking enough water? I’ve passed out before from dehydration.