PDA

View Full Version : Scared I ate bleach

cez
28-01-18, 00:59
Hi! So, about two weeks ago, I came back to my dorm room and discovered mold in my minifridge. I disinfected it with a Clorox Cleaner plus bleach, that is basically a disinfectant with a little bleach (1.5%). i used quite a bit all over, probably too much- it was my first time cleaning with bleach. I have been wary about using the fridge since. The smell of bleach has remained in the fridge rather strongly. Thursday so two days ago, a friend gave me a donut, and i put it in the fridge, on top of a paper towel. This morning, I had a few bites- literally two- then got very worried about the fact that my fridge smells so strongly of bleach, so I threw it out after the two bites. Now I'm scared I have burning or internal bleeding in my stomach. This was this morning- maybe 9:30 or 10 am. It is now 8pm. I have had a lot of stomach noises since 5pm, and I have some slight cramps. is it even POSSIBLE to have bleach poisoning?

nomorepanic
28-01-18, 01:02
Nope you are fine!

Stop worrying

worrywart29
28-01-18, 01:07
Not at all. The fridge would have to have still been wet to even penetrate the paper towel. It’s been days since you cleaned. The fridge is dry now. Smell could linger

cez
28-01-18, 01:11
Not at all. The fridge would have to have still been wet to even penetrate the paper towel. It’s been days since you cleaned. The fridge is dry now. Smell could linger

but the donut was just sitting on the paper towel but exposed. it wouldn't absorb the bleach in the air in the fridge?

nomorepanic
28-01-18, 01:11
no

au Lait
28-01-18, 02:26
The smell of bleach lingers for a long time, even after the bleach is dry or rinsed away. It can’t hurt you. I’d be more concerned about wasting a perfectly good donut (kidding). You are fine. And even if by chance there was some bleach residue it wouldn’t be enough to hurt you in any way.

jules321
28-01-18, 03:11
You are fine, but rinse out your fridge with a wet paper towel after using bleach. FWIW, I don't use bleach products in fridge anymore so I don't have to stress about it. You are fine though.