PDA

View Full Version : Went out drinking now having extreme palpitations please help

Panickedone
28-01-18, 03:22
I went out drinking with my partner drank because it made me feel normal again. Now I have extreme palpitations. I took 5mg propranolol and still have palpitations and feel sick help!

Catherine S
28-01-18, 03:46
You joined the forum tonight just to ask about this? You've obviously got other problems because you already take beta blockers...can I ask why you've been prescribed propranolol? However, to answer your question...drinking too much results in all sorts of physical problems including palpitations. You don't know this :shrug: I'm sure you'll be fine after sleeping it off, but good luck with the hangover later.

Panickedone
28-01-18, 19:56
Thank you the hangovers horrible I only had my first panic attack a few months ago. Alcohol made me feel normal. It was only the second time I took propranolol. I think I’ll probably just try to sleep all of this off just really struggling with all of this.

Catherine S
28-01-18, 20:02
Anxiety and alcohol don't mix too well. I hope you feel better soon.

Take care.

Panickedone
29-01-18, 12:14
Thank you I have to admit after last night I will never be drinking again definitely not worth the heightened anxiety!

AndrewCanada
29-01-18, 18:08
Thank you I have to admit after last night I will never be drinking again definitely not worth the heightened anxiety!

I gave up drinking alcohol altogether years ago. Same with caffeine. Anxiety and these really aren't a good pair.

Alcohol does something paradoxical to anxiety sufferers. To most, it slows the heart rate down. To people with panic attacks or anxiety issues, it can speed it up. Best to steer clear until you can be treated for your anxiety. :)

Panickedone
29-01-18, 18:58
I’ve been off caffeine other than the rare toffee latte as a treat since December. Thing is I’ve never had any of this before then one day in October I had a panic attack and since then I haven’t had one single day where I feel well to the point I had tests and all sorts. The other day I walked out of a restaurant on my partners birthday which sucked but I genuinely felt like collapsing and couldn’t decide even on a drink. I feel like this all has taken over my life they tried citalopram which was a disaster now on propranolol prn and been signed off for two weeks just hoping there’s a light at the end of the tunnel :(

Blonde123
01-02-18, 07:52
I was never a big drinker of alcohol, but I did like a cocktail now and again. Last few years I had really bad chest pains and palpitations so I don’t drink anymore. It’s no big deal for me, and I’ve never liked tea or coffee