PDA

View Full Version : Is a little bit of anal discharge normal?

BrokenGirl
28-01-18, 19:24
I've fallen down the bowel/anal cancer rabbit hole lately but trying my best to dig my way out of it. It was blood on the tissue that pushed me over the edge with it.
Over the past few days I've started reading the self help modules here: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211324
which I find very useful so far and I don't intend stopping.
However, I have this nagging feeling around my anus today (and I've had it other days too) and it sometimes feels a little bit damp but thankfully no blood for a few days now.
I just want to ask is a little anal discharge a normal thing? I know I'm focusing on that area as well so the tingly feelings are probably amplified but i could just do with a little reassurance here.

Healthanxietysuffere
28-01-18, 19:34
I am in that rabbit hole myself, but I've seen that hemorrhoids can cause a little discharge down there. Sometimes I think I feel something down there, though, and when I check there actually is nothing. It's all in my head.

Liziik
28-01-18, 20:01
When you say discharge what sort of discharge do you mean? I have ibs and get clear fluid type stuff. I'm sure it's all pretty normal and if I started concerning myself with my anus I to would notice all sorts of things!

BrokenGirl
28-01-18, 20:44
The discharge is just like a bit of clear fluid. Not too much of it.
I don't have ibs so was wondering if it's normal to have it without having ibs...

Fishmanpa
28-01-18, 21:11
The discharge is just like a bit of clear fluid. Not too much of it.
I don't have ibs so was wondering if it's normal to have it without having ibs...

Maybe you do :shrug: You've had lower abdomen symptoms for over a year now. And yes, when you're aggravated down there, that's pretty normal. Just be careful not to shart! :ohmy:

Positive thoughts

BrokenGirl
28-01-18, 22:46
I think you must be thinking of someone else Fishman - I haven't had abdominal problems for over a year. It's just since xmas really it's started with me. So I really doubt I have ibs, my symptoms don't seem to be severe enough for that. From what I know it can be very painful and uncomfortable to have ibs.
And I'll do my best not to shart - never even heard of that word before :roflmao:

Fishmanpa
28-01-18, 22:55
I think you must be thinking of someone else Fishman - I haven't had abdominal problems for over a year. It's just since xmas really it's started with me. So I really doubt I have ibs, my symptoms don't seem to be severe enough for that. From what I know it can be very painful and uncomfortable to have ibs.
And I'll do my best not to shart - never even heard of that word before :roflmao:

This (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=189043) is what I was referring to. IBS doesn't always start with bowel issues. Could have been the beginnings of it and all you describe is pretty common with IBS. Anyway... hope you figure it out and feel better.

Positive thoughts

au Lait
28-01-18, 22:56
Yes, sometimes a bit of mucous comes out when you poo. It’s normal. If there’s blood it can be from wiping too hard. Neither are sure fire signs that something bad is going on down there, because they can occur for very harmless reasons.

MyNameIsTerry
29-01-18, 01:45
Yeah, I've had this with piles. I've had piles since my early twenties and at times it's like a sweating feeling.

Liziik
31-01-18, 00:07
All stools whether you have ibs or not are coated in mucus. You don't usually see it but it's there. And yes sometimes even if you don't have ibs there will be a little discharge. I think most people won't notice or would just shrug it off but with health anxiety that's not what we tend to do! Try not to worry it really is normal ☺