PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety make you thirsty

Weasley123
29-01-18, 01:20
I tested my blood sugar about 4 months ago and it was normal I tested it a few times in like an hour it ranged from 75 to 95 after a five hrvfast. I went a little crazy and tested it every few minutes. I have a testing obsession. I had no reason to test so I tossed the monitor. My overnight number a year ago was 84. Im 39 nit iverweught. My dad had type 2 at 65. I've always peed a lot so that's no concern. My freak out today is i was feeling thirsty and Aldo sometimes in the afternoon I get a bit if a head ache and feel hungry. I took Xanax and feel better now but why another worry. My husband says I'm bring ridiculous cab anxiety cause this. Magnify thirst if your thinking about it

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:39 ----------

I should add I tested it with home monitor when my dr last did a regular test at dr two years ago I have iatrophobus fear if dry it was 84. Recommendation sayid you don't need to test yearly if it's that low

MyNameIsTerry
29-01-18, 01:56
Anxiety can dehydrate you. Anxiety causes increased sweating for one thing so you lose more water. And anxiety makes you urinate more so again you lose more water.

au Lait
29-01-18, 02:08
You could simply be dehydrated. If I’ve eaten a lot of salty foods I’ll feel ridiculously thirsty.

That said, I do think anxiety can cause dry mouth and exaggerated feelings of thirst. I don’t know the exact science of it but I know I’ve felt really thirsty during previous episodes of anxiety.

Weasley123
29-01-18, 11:03
Maybe the xanax gave ne dry mouth. I did owe quite a few times in the night but that's normal for me. Ny niuth does feel dry still but its more dry mouth then thirst

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

I have decided to self test. I don't feel I have a choice I'm in a panic. I can't tell my husband as he'll be furious. I feel so guilty

Fishmanpa
29-01-18, 12:08
Did you ever think you tend to mouth breath more when you're in a panic? It's also a side effect of Xanax :winks:

Positive thoughts

Weasley123
29-01-18, 19:10
So I am having a complete melt down. Like a fool I bought test strips. I used 15 in an hr. It ranged from 94 to 115 with the average 103. I had been fasting successfully 830 wheh I had ice cream. I'm a wreck. Three months ado after 5 he fast it was 75 to 102 range

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

I spoke to a nurse I know hse said normal because i had had a big carb meal night before im still scared im not hungry now and all iate was a kindbar

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

so i bought a second meter and tested about 3 hrs after having a kind bar i got 92 94 90 and 97 so that seems normal and better. I just ate a sandwich. I plan to call my gyno the only dr I feel remotely comfy with and ask him but i think hell tell me im normal and not to worry. Ive ready under 85 us ideal but that under 100 is normal. I feel much calmer

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

I also dont really thirsty anymore. So who knows?

braveinfiction
29-01-18, 20:33
Happy to see you seem to have made it through a rough patch.

Weasley123
30-01-18, 00:10
Thank you I'm so ashamed of my freak out and blood sugar clearly swings. I ate a small orange 20 min later it was 165. Then 45 min later it was 85 so normal

---------- Post added 30-01-18 at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was 29-01-18 at 21:35 ----------

Out of curious it's did anyone else get drt mouth from xanax