PDA

View Full Version : No googling/obsessing thread

tryingtosurvive1
29-01-18, 01:27
Redoing the no google/no reassurance challenge, with the added challenge that I not read for ages about health conditions I find through social media links.

Feel free to join. Let's try to keep a lot of concrete physical symptoms off the thread. Just say something is triggering you, or you went to the doctor for a problem and had trouble accepting a diagnosis, etc, without diverting into the details. Keep the focus on the anxiety. I know this will be hard for me too.

restarting the clock now.

au Lait
29-01-18, 01:48
Good thread. I’ll try.

I had a rough night last night. Nightmares kept waking me up and triggering my anxiety. Been struggling with some intermittent symptoms that I can’t quite explain. Of course all kinds of terrible thoughts are going through my mind. But I keep telling myself I’m not a dr. and there are plenty of benign things that could cause what I’m experiencing that I don’t know about. I’m not letting myself google or ask anyone for reassurance though, so at least there’s that.

Halle0587
30-01-18, 00:09
I’m in! I saw this last week but missed it. I am having trouble accepting the diagnosis, but I’m not googling. I’m actually afraid to. I’m also having anxiety being trigger by something. I’m hoping my counseling appointment on the 8th goes well and I’m ready to make HA changes in 2018. I only had GAD before my son was born, since then (22 months) it’s been HA.

tryingtosurvive1
31-01-18, 04:14
Well, I didn't google today . . . yet. a few more hours to go. I actually resisted the urge to google, in fact.
I got freaked out by something I read on instagram though.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

Good thread. I値l try.

I had a rough night last night. Nightmares kept waking me up and triggering my anxiety. Been struggling with some intermittent symptoms that I can稚 quite explain. Of course all kinds of terrible thoughts are going through my mind. But I keep telling myself I知 not a dr. and there are plenty of benign things that could cause what I知 experiencing that I don稚 know about. I知 not letting myself google or ask anyone for reassurance though, so at least there痴 that.

:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

I知 in! I saw this last week but missed it. I am having trouble accepting the diagnosis, but I知 not googling. I知 actually afraid to. I知 also having anxiety being trigger by something. I知 hoping my counseling appointment on the 8th goes well and I知 ready to make HA changes in 2018. I only had GAD before my son was born, since then (22 months) it痴 been HA.

:)

tryingtosurvive1
02-02-18, 05:47
Did not do well today!

Mummybee
02-02-18, 07:54
Instead of google, I come here.
If there are any other Australians on here they may sympathise with a trigger.
At the moment I have a lymphoma fear... so I try to distract myself with life.
Sit down to watch the first episode back this year of “home and away” a drama show in Aus and a lady my age is being biopsied for swollen nodes because they think she has lymphoma.... honestly world. What are you trying to do to me?