PDA

View Full Version : Help! Will this make me sick?

cofo
29-01-18, 01:46
So, I got a spoon out of the drawer, ate a few bites of ice cream and then realize the spoon had dried food(I think it was yogurt) that didn't come off in the dishwasher. So crusted on dried yogurt! I'm scared it could make me really sick! Botulism? Food poisoning? Ick! I don't know but I'm not happy about it blech

au Lait
29-01-18, 01:53
It wouldn’t have been able to survive the tempreture in the dish washer. The bacteria would have been killed.

cofo
29-01-18, 01:54
Maybe it grew bacteria while sitting in the drawer, after the dishwasher?

au Lait
29-01-18, 01:55
I don’t think that would be possible. The contact with the dish soap and the fact that it dried out would have made it uninhabitable for bacteria.

cofo
29-01-18, 02:12
Really? Normal people wouldn't even give that a second thought,!right? ��

Fishmanpa
29-01-18, 02:16
Really? Normal people wouldn't even give that a second thought,!right? ��

Yep! Might be an ewwww but that's about it :shrug:

Positive thoughts

au Lait
29-01-18, 02:17
I think a non-HAer would probably say, “gross this spoon is dirty” and then wash it and forget about it. It really is nothing to worry about. You are not in any danger.

cofo
29-01-18, 02:18
I wish I was normal. :doh:

Fishmanpa
29-01-18, 02:20
I wish I was normal. :doh:

Just go eat some more ice cream. It's a cure all for what ails ya! :yesyes:

Positive thoughts and vanilla bean with amaretto peaches... Mmmmm :D

cofo
29-01-18, 02:22
Lost my appetite. :) think I'll just finish my glass of wine and go to bed. :)

au Lait
29-01-18, 02:22
You can be. The next time you worry about something like this, ask yourself if a person without HA would worry about it. If the answer is no, then you don’t have to worry about it either. Easier said than done, I know. But with practice it gets easier.

Lola-Lee
29-01-18, 02:46
I hope it is a nice drop of Red wine and none of that cheap crap.:hugs:

cofo
29-01-18, 12:24
You can be. The next time you worry about something like this, ask yourself if a person without HA would worry about it. If the answer is no, then you don’t have to worry about it either. Easier said than done, I know. But with practice it gets easier.

i guess this is exactly the issue though, right? i can't come up with the answer myself, so i worry. and i think this is how i get reassured. either by asking my sisters what they would do, or coming here to ask. so, i don't know if that type of reassurance is good or not. but it does help. but it's a good thing to try and get better at.

---------- Post added at 07:24 ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 ----------

I hope it is a nice drop of Red wine and none of that cheap crap.:hugs:

yep. a nice glass of pinot noir:yesyes: